Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Anyone tried Quattro FX and Amara View masks?
Anyone tried Quattro FX and Amara View masks?
Hello all, new to the board. My husband is the CPAP user, but the research falls to me, so here I am. He started CPAP therapy about 5 years ago, and needs a full face mask. He found that the masks with forehead stabilizers (or whatever they are called) give him a headache, so we went to the ResMed Quattro FX, and eventually added a homemade chin strap (the Quattro FX headgear can be cut quite easily for this purpose). Although it took a while to get the Quattro FX adjusted properly, he has used it more or less successfully for 3 or 4 years. His numbers are generally good, but he's just not always comfortable, and I'm wondering whether the Philips Respironics Amara View might work better for him. I've read the reviews for the Amara View here - it sounds like some people don't like how it vents, and others have had problems with adjustment, but when it works, it works great. Can anyone compare these two masks?

Thanks,
MJ
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone tried Quattro FX and Amara View masks?
Welcome to the board. I have both of those masks and also an Airfit F10 from Resmed. I like to have back ups to rotate now and then. I have some problems with leaks with the Amara View because you are not supposed to tighten that particular mask that much and then I get leaks. It is great for reading, watching TV, or if you fall asleep during these activities. It is lightweight and you hardly know you have a full face mask. . . very comfortable. A lot of people on this board have Amara View so it is very popular, but I have leaks with it.
The Quattro has a good fit to control leaks. The way the headgear fits on your head and cheeks is excellent. It seems big on your face but since I have gotten use to CPAP now that does not seem to be much of an issue for me. Since it has good headgear, I can sleep better without leaks. The cushion I have is silicone but they make one with a gel like double layer + silicone that is very soothing and comfortable on your face.

The Airfit is my choice because of the cushion gel and double layer which prevents leaks for me. My sleep Dr. recommended I try it for a full face mask that is comfortable. Something about it is soothing.
Everyone has to figure out what they are comfortable with and each person is different. I hope your husband has good luck and wait for other replies from the board as these two masks you are looking at are very popular.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone tried Quattro FX and Amara View masks?
Hi mj1127,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
The mask is the hardest part of this whole thing, so I wish your husband good luck in finding one that will work and is comfortable, too.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
Good luck to you both.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] ATRIAL FIBRILLATION - CONTRARIAN VIEW? srlevine1 9 355 03-05-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 345 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 219 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 410 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Quattro FX full face mask? Wayne41 5 361 01-17-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Wayne41
  Other masks to try? acordeon 5 495 01-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 492 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.