Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Anyone use a Brevida mask????
Anyone use a Brevida mask????
After 10 years of CPAP therapy, using a ResMEd S8 with Mirage FX nasal pillows mask, my old machine quit working.  I had a new sleep study done, and a new machine, ResMed AirSense 10 was ordered for me from a local DME.  With it, I use the ResMed Swift FX for her nasal pillows mask. Though I like the "wraps" on the facial part of the mask (preventing those tell-tale indentations on my face!), from the beginning this mask has not been as comfortable as my old one was.  Too, I've had problems with the seal, according to the MyAir ResMed website that provides me daily reports on my use of the machine.  After researching on this forum, I then started using a chin strap, which has helped with the leakage.  But the chin strap plus the mask, when before just a mask worked just fine!!!  Sometimes when I can't get to sleep because I'm just too aware of the mask, I get out the old one, hook it up, and sleep like a baby!  I told this to the sleep doc who's attached to the sleep lab where my study was done, and he said that was okay, but he feared that eventually the replacement parts for that mask would no longer be manufactured.  He then said his current favorite was the Brevida, and then ordered one for me from the DME where I got my new ResMed AirSense 10.  It was ordered the first week in May.  I’ve called and called about it, the last time yesterday, and was told rudely and impatiently that NO, the mask hadn’t arrived, and when I asked WHY, was told, “Well, call the manufacturer and ask that question yourself; I have no idea.”  I am fed up with him and am tempted just to pay out of pocket for a Brevida, ordering it online, but before I do that, I’d like some feedback about this particular mask.  
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone use a Brevida mask????
I really like my Brevida.  Try reading this thread under Product Reviews: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-F-P-Brevida
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
+1 for the brevida, I interchange with the Airfit P10. P10, I think more comfortable but brevida keeps my leaks lower. Due the pillows wrapping the end of your nose
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, wow, do I need that! I received a very poor score on leaking last night, using my OLD mask, which definitely needs to have its "pillows" replaced, and likely I need a new head gear. Actually I've ordered both online. I'm going to try comparing sleeping with the new mask and chin strap, old mask and chin strap, and both without. I'll see how my scores are. And then I hope I can get the PA from the sleep doc's lab, whom I'll see week after next, to prescribe the Brevida, and then I'll compare IT to the old mask, to the new Swift-FX for Her from ResMed and see which one results in my having fewer leaks.....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,656 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
  Moisture with Brevida Nasal Pillows Columbiabill 2 355 12-26-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Leaks with Brevida pillow mask Ticman1 5 3,229 09-13-2023, 09:26 AM
Last Post: GoodSleepHunting
  Nasal Pillow Sizing F&P Brevida Columbiabill 0 447 09-09-2023, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Adaptor to fix a Evora headgear on a Brevida mask BeauPetitNez 3 1,009 03-02-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Nickman111
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,208 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.