Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Anyone using Boil and Bite Mouthguards
Anyone using Boil and Bite Mouthguards
Watching a video by Jason he suggested using a boil and bite mouthguard with a full face mask to keep your lower jaw from dropping and creating leaks. Has anyone tried this and does it work. I really don't like using a chin strap.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone using Boil and Bite Mouthguards
(08-15-2015, 08:00 PM)Rastur Wrote: Watching a video by Jason he suggested using a boil and bite mouthguard with a full face mask to keep your lower jaw from dropping and creating leaks. Has anyone tried this and does it work. I really don't like using a chin strap.

Hi,

I'm about two weeks in with using a mouthguard, and am pleasantly suprised.

It works!

My unintentional leaks are very low and my jaw actually feels better in the morning. Additional pluses are easier to install and remove and my head is not wrapped in an elastic bandage-like material.
Post Reply Post Reply
Used one for a while.
I finally worked down to a bit lower pressure so I'm not having as much trouble

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Sports type mouth guards sound interesting.

It may be worth a try.

Thanks, Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Where can I get this type of Boil-and-bite Mandibular Advancement Splint / MAD? selfhelpdevice 1 307 11-13-2023, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Bite Guard for Mouth Breathing mcsheltie 14 5,797 06-01-2019, 11:46 AM
Last Post: sheepless
Sad [Treatment] Tongue Biting from Seizures -- Mouthguards? afraid2sleep 11 13,447 11-06-2015, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Terry

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.