Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Appt tommorow for study review & new machine
RE: Appt tommorow for study review & new machine
It is shameful that this needed. But it is needed.

More folks get poor service than we can help.

Post Reply Post Reply
When i got home from study review & pickup, i noticed the ResMed P10 that i has 'Lab Use Only' printed on the headgear band and the headgear/pillow package label. Geez.

I'm curious when the AirSense APAP they are holding for me was manufactured. I will have to search for the post i saw about determining serial numbers. I plan on accepting the machine, if it was manufactured in 2016 and has 0-1 hours of usage on it. Am i being unreasonable?
Post Reply Post Reply
It is a new year and if I understood you now have a new insurance company. I would reject used equipment or missing parts. Before the sale is the time to make the deal.

Post Reply Post Reply
Having the prescribing doctor as part of the selling company is an invitation for conflict of interest. I'd hesitate to say this is a shonky outfit, but I'd count my change if I was you. Insist that you see the machine delivered in a sealed Resmed carton and require them to demonstrate the machine hours before you take delivery.

Then find yourself a new DME.
Post Reply Post Reply
And make sure you are looking at machine hours, not therapy hours which can be reset. That's where they got me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Determining run hours is easy. Just turn on the machine, go the My Options menu and scroll to About and bress. This will give ther serial number and run hours. Graab a manual from the forum and learn how to navigate the menu. It is pretty unsual to get a used machine, but some suppliers will rotate rental stock to patients and try to pass it off.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-30-2016, 05:36 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Your DME sounds a bit dishonest. Well, maybe I'm being too harsh. They are all about profit first. The mask should come with all 3 size pillows. Some DME's will break up the pillows and sell separately. What they should do at the very least is give you two medium size nasal pillows.

Opal, not necessarily being dishonest. Some DMEs give the entire fit pack, other DMEs do not. There is no 'fit pack' code for reimbursement. Lincare, for instance, doesn't usually give a fit pack (although if I get a mask from the office, they always include pad-a-cheek for no charge). You just get the pillow that they think will work. BUT, I DO AGREE that since you are entitled to 2 pillows per month with most insurance arrangements, you should get a second pillow included when you return for your machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I stand by my post. If I purchase a mask online, they do "not" open the mask and remove pillows.

I did say that I was being harsh and that they are all about profit first. Nothing personal against anyone.

As much as my DME has not gone out of their way to be helpful in my therapy, the one thing they do right is dispensing the mask ordered without opening it.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update. I picked up my prescription Tuesday from the Sleep Study & DME provider. I found another DME provider through my insurance. I stopped by to drop off my prescription & i might have been able to pick up a machine, but they wanted my PSG report. My brother dropped off my report and i scheduled my pickup 3 days later. New machine giddyness got me, so i rescheduled the appt a day earlier.

When i arrived, i met a billing lady first. Apparently my ins. carrier pays for the machine out right. I paid $300 and incoiced for the rest. I mentioned that i was looking for an AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her. She said ok. After a little bit, a dme rep appearred who had an A10 A4H with her. We went over the the features, hose, cleaning, etc. As she went to get masks, i went into clinical mode and confirmed it is a new machine with a serial # beginning with 2316. Serial # = Built in Singapore in 2016.

Haha, i guess i have to settle for last year's version. I saw a new post that the regular A10 Auto now has the A4H algorithm setting. Well, it's a white & flowers case with a light pink screen for me. The invoice had a Dreamstation Auto setup written on it with the serial # stickers of the machine and other parts. The rep just crossed them out and wrote the new serial #s down.

Quality DME in Fairfax, VA was a great experience. Friendly & accomodating.

Oneeyedrifter
Post Reply Post Reply
That is good news. We will be looking for a report on how you are doing with your new cpap. Tell us what Sleepyhead says and how you feel.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 219 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 74 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 117 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.