Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Article: Finding the Right Tubing (Hose) for Your CPAP
Article: Finding the Right Tubing (Hose) for Your CPAP
I happened to find this while trying to find out some information on the dimensions of the ResMed ClimateLineAir hose and thought it might be useful for new users.

Finding the Right Tubing (Hose) for Your CPAP

[commercial link removed. Google "Sleepdr blog hose" and it should come up]

I specifically thought the chart would be helpful. Smile

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----

-Paul.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Article: Finding the Right Tubing (Hose) for Your CPAP
Thanks for the link. My wife is looking for a hose to use with a travel machine she was given. Should help. 

But this reminds me of a funny story. A couple of years ago we went on a vacation to a small town in Mexico. In that last minute packing rush my wife forgot to pack her CPAP S9 hose. Big problem as she really needs a CPAP. Getting a hose locally was out of the question, and finding somebody that even knew what we were talking about was a problem. I finally got a local guide to take us to a hardware store to look for a hose. Amazingly we found some bright florescent orange plastic corrugated electrical conduit. I think it cost us about 8 pesos (50 cents). My plan was to use duct tape to attach it as it was not a perfect fit. Couldn't find anyone that knew what it was or what they called it in Spanish, so used black electrical tape instead. It didn't work well, so we had to come back to town and continue the search for duct tape. We finally found it. They call it Ducto Tape! Spent another 20 pesos on ducto tape. That all worked quite well. The only issue was that under certain flow conditions it would whistle. Strange, but listening to that was much better than listening to my wife complain about not having a CPAP!

So there you go, if you really get stuck for a hose get some electrical conduit and ducto tape!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 223 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 606 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 356 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 756 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 578 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.