Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Aussie veterans - you may be eligible for CPAP benefits
Money 
Aussie veterans - you may be eligible for CPAP benefits
I just came across the following information on Australian sleep clinic's website. I imagine most sleep clinics are aware of the DVA entitlements, or else check with your friendly, helpful DVA office.

Lullaby Sleep Wrote:Sleep Services & CPAP Provision for DVA
What we offer
We offer the Department of Veterans’ Affairs clients full Sleep Services:
  • Sleep Physician Consultation (APHRA / AMA certified) either in-person or video consultation*
  • Home Sleep Testing
  • Sleep Treatments (as approved by DVA)
  • CPAP equipment supply and service (full range of Philips Respironics, ResMed, Fisher & Paykel)

If you are a DVA client that has been approved and require CPAP, we will arrange for you to be provided with the appropriate CPAP equipment (Through the DVA support program.)

DVA Sleep and CPAP FAQS

Am I eligible for a Sleep Test?
All DVA and Defense Health personnel are eligible for a Sleep Test.

You will need a referral from your GP or Defense Health Medical Officer.

What is the DVA CPAP Supply Program?

DVA CPAP / BiPAP Supply Program is provided by the Australian Department of Veteran Affairs for approved DVA clients who have been requested by their Sleep Physician to start CPAP Therapy.

DVA Covers the cost of all equipment set up, supply and ongoing replenishment parts, whilst you are required to use CPAP by your Sleep Physician.

If you hold a DVA Gold Card, you will need a prescription from your Sleep Physician.

If you hold a DVA White Card, you will need a prescription from your Sleep Physician as well as approval from DVA.

I am DVA and already on Cpap, what am I entitled too?

If your CPAP was supplied by DVA support program, you are entitled to replacement parts and masks and service of your equipment.

The DVA Supply Program will usually provide at regular intervals the following:
  • Complete new mask
  • Filters for your machine
  • Cleaning products (e.g. wipes) to keep your equipment clean
  • Replacement parts for your machine (e.g. Hose, water chamber)
  • Regular check ups (every 3 months) of your equipment to ensure it is fully operational. If your machine is not working or faulty, let us know straight away, so we can arrange a replacement machine for you.

I am DVA and got my CPAP equipment not through DVA. What can you help me with?
If you obtain your CPAP equipment not through the DVA CPAP Support Program, and you hold a DVA Gold Card, or approved White Card for cpap, you are eligible for your replacement parts, mask, hose, filters, machine etc through DVA Support Program.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Benefits of changing masks BreakingBaddd 5 552 10-21-2023, 08:08 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Getting a FitPack/Trying a New Mask before eligible for new supplies with DME...how? tierdal 9 698 07-28-2023, 06:28 PM
Last Post: Bostonsnow
  Stimulants - Any Benefits? cmpman1974 22 1,772 07-14-2023, 01:13 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  What changes to maximize therapy benefits? janelleb1985 6 632 05-16-2023, 08:33 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  6 months in, not feeling major benefits. Any advice? :( vegasboy 8 851 04-14-2023, 02:34 PM
Last Post: vegasboy
  Benefits of Fixed Pressure?? Brazen 12 1,377 11-19-2022, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Brazen
  Benefits of Resmed Vauto over ASV? Abletree 8 1,398 04-19-2022, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Abletree

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.