Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Auto start on resmed elite s9
Auto start on resmed elite s9
Hi everyone just wondering if erasing the SD CARD IN MY RESMED ELITE S9 AUTO will delete settings. I have the auto start function turned on. I have been back into the settings again to make sure it's turned on and it is. But it is not shutting off when I take my nasal pillow off. It was until when I erased the card. It starts as soon as I star breathing into the pillows but not turning off.
Any suggestions? Totally new to this.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Auto start on resmed elite s9
Erasing the card should not affect the machine settings. I think the reason your machine does not shut-down when you remove the nasal pillows is that the pillows are a smaller size, and provide enough backpressure to the machine that it stays on. Try removing the nasal pillow cushion from the frame and see if the wide-open leak allows it to shut down.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi justka,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
If using nasal pillows with pressure less than 7, SmartStart will not work and should be turned off
As for erasing SD card data, not advisable as valuable data get lost and not recoverable
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the reply. It was working but all of a sudden it has stopped. So just confused why it is no longer shutting down. It starts as soon as I breath into mask, just doesn't shut off when mask is taken off.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-08-2017, 04:49 PM)justka Wrote: Thank you for the reply. It was working but all of a sudden it has stopped. So just confused why it is no longer shutting down. It starts as soon as I breath into mask, just doesn't shut off when mask is taken off.
If not sure of pressure settings, here are the instructions and how to get the clinical manual for your machine which is important to read http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

As said in the previous post ... If using nasal pillows with pressure less than 7, the machine doesn't automatiucally stop, when mask is removed (even if the machine automatically start when breathes into the mask) in that case SmartStart should be turned off
If not applicable to you, speak to the supplier bought the machine from. In Australia, ResMed machines comes 2 years warranty, plus 1 free extra year when joining their club, and 2 more years for a fee (5 years in total)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 95 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 100 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,333 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 392 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,279 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 230 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.