Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Autosense 10 vs. autosense 10 Auto
RE: Autosense 10 vs. autosense 10 Auto
Thanks for the SD Tip.  Just ordered the Toshiba
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2017, 02:06 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Just to avoid problems, with the prescription, I would request that the doctor include your new titrated pressure, plus a couple, in the new prescription.  In other words, the lowest pressure you should consider is 6 cm, and your prescription should enable you to go as high as 15 as needed.    That is 1-cm less than your old prescription, and 2-cm higher than the titrated pressure.  That should cover it,and will avoid hassles with the DME if they try to remotely enforce the new prescription of 4-10, which seems a bit short-sighted.

Ditto this.

My machine was provided (by the sleep doc, I have Kaiser so they host the orientation class and pass custody of the machine at the sleep clinic) "wide open" at 4-20.
That is not "prescribed"... that is the factory default.   I complained about feeling starved for air, and they adjusted the minimum up to 6, which helped a lot.

After finding this forum and learning how to access the clinical menus, I eventually settled in on a setting of 8-18, with a ramp pressure beginning at 7 and Epap on 2.
That is most comfortable for me and my AHI is consistently 0.0 to 1.8, rarely exceeding 2 (when I'm sick).

If you feel starved for air with the bottom number set to 4 (which is generally a pediatric setting) don't hesitate to ask the doctor to increase it to 6 until you learn the ins and outs of adjusting on your own.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Do you know how to adjust the bottom end on the machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2018, 06:03 PM)78zinman Wrote: Do you know how to adjust the bottom end on the machine?

You can submit a request for the Clinician's manual here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
78zinman, any chance you are a Zinfandel fan, or is the name about something else?

Here is a quick link to how to do the settings: http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsens...setup-info
Get the manual for more information.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Resmed 37028 Autosense Whines SleepHungry 18 933 11-24-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 3,000 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
  Power connector on Resmed 11 Autosense mzipp 4 579 03-04-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Air leak issues with Resmed Autosense 10 Connaisance 0 466 02-18-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: Connaisance
  Autosense 11 not responding quick enough coolbranch 13 1,272 07-28-2022, 01:02 PM
Last Post: coolbranch

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.