Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Autosense 10 vs. autosense 10 Auto
Autosense 10 vs. autosense 10 Auto
Cool
I have been using a Resmed9 @7 for about 5 years.  New sleep study says set to 13.  Talked to Dr. about difference and he changed perscription to variable 4-10.  Supplier - SleepMed - says Autosense10 will do that job.  What advantages will I get if I move to the Autoset; or, do I really need the autoset to get the job done?
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Autosense 10 vs. autosense 10 Auto
(11-15-2017, 11:36 AM)78zinman Wrote: Cool
I have been using a Resmed9 @7 for about 5 years.  New sleep study says set to 13.  Talked to Dr. about difference and he changed perscription to variable 4-10.  Supplier - SleepMed - says Autosense10 will do that job.  What advantages will I get if I move to the Autoset; or, do I really need the autoset to get the job done?
Thanks.

Get Auto. (Later edit: I was underprecise in this nomenclature; see SleepRider note below for exact language). Someone will be along soon with whys wherefores and info links (I'm too new).

Your insurance DME will give you whatever they can get away with. You'll have this for 5 years. Get every capability possible. Get every capability that gives an option for you to make adjustments.

If it's difficult to distinguish between machines, go to Supplier #1 (or the Resmed site) and see the specs on all of them. Use a compare function to get comparisons.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2017, 11:36 AM)78zinman Wrote: Cool
Thanks.

The correct name for that machine is the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset.  It is a very good machine and includes both a soft and standard auto algorithm as well as fixed pressure CPAP.  The Autoset For Her offers an additional mode that reacts to flow limitations a bit differently.  The Airsense 10 Autoset is a great machine...get it.

You have been using a Resmed S9 CPAP (Elite? Escape?) at a pressure of 13. I disagree with your doctor's recommendation and think you will quickly move to a pressure range of 9 to 16 with the new machine. Almost certainly you will feel air-starved at a starting pressure of 4.0 cm. Also, the Resmed machines offer Exhale Pressure Relief (EPR) of up to 3 cm. If you have not used that in the past, you probably don't need it, but remember that it lowers exhale pressure which can allow some obstructive apnea if you don't compensate with higher minimum pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The AutoSet will deliver the optimal pressure when needed, whereas the Cpap can only give you one pressure.  

Here’s the thing... Insurance companies reimburse the DME/Supplier the same amount whether it is a Cpap or AutoSet. (Same code.)  Your Supplier would be more than happy to give you a Cpap...this way they make more profit.  

One other advantage:  you can use the AutoSet in Auto mode or Cpap mode, you can’t do that with a Cpap.

Get the AutoSet!  Be sure you have the doctor write the prescription for an AutoSet and a pressure range.  This way the supplier has to honor the script.  (Don’t worry about the pressure range, we can help you sort that out later.)

Some information for you:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_choices
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Perfecto!!  For this board - and it's members - is the BEST!
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to avoid problems, with the prescription, I would request that the doctor include your new titrated pressure, plus a couple, in the new prescription. In other words, the lowest pressure you should consider is 6 cm, and your prescription should enable you to go as high as 15 as needed. That is 1-cm less than your old prescription, and 2-cm higher than the titrated pressure. That should cover it,and will avoid hassles with the DME if they try to remotely enforce the new prescription of 4-10, which seems a bit short-sighted.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2017, 12:13 PM)78zinman Wrote: Perfecto!!  For this board - and it's members - is the BEST!

Thanks

Just a reminder, the supplier can’t give you an APAP (Auto machine) unless your prescription states it.

You have the most power with your supplier “before” you accept a machine.

Good luck!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi 78zinman,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy and also with getting the Resmed AirSense 10 AutoSet.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
To: OpalRose and every one else that helped me,

Thanks very much.  Lots of continual pressure yielded the Autosense 10 Autoset!  Now for some additional questions.
1.  Does the SD card slot accept a standard SD card?  If so, can I stick a 32 Gb card in?
2.  Does software exist to analyze teh data?  If so, where can I get this software?
Thanks,
Bob
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes a standard 32gb SD card will work fine to analyse the data download sleepyhead https://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./

Also take a look at the Toshiba Flashair card and flashpap to get the data over your local WiFi without putting the card in your pc every day
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Resmed 37028 Autosense Whines SleepHungry 18 932 11-24-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 2,999 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
  Power connector on Resmed 11 Autosense mzipp 4 578 03-04-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Air leak issues with Resmed Autosense 10 Connaisance 0 466 02-18-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: Connaisance
  Autosense 11 not responding quick enough coolbranch 13 1,271 07-28-2022, 01:02 PM
Last Post: coolbranch

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.