Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] BMC Luna Auto CPAP Machine
BMC Luna Auto CPAP Machine
I purchased this BMC machine as a back-up machine for my Fisher and Paykel Auto Machine in case of breakdown or power failure.  The BMC was very reasonable priced and had an accessory Lithium battery pack that will run the machine for 3 to 4 nights in case of power failure or when caravaning without power.  When the machine arrived I decided to try it out and have been using it ever since for about 8 months.  My average AHI on the Fisher & Paykel was about 5 but with the BMC it is under 2 AHI average.  However, I am assuming that both machines are processing the data the same way and giving me accurate results in identical circumstances.  

What are other members experiences with the BMC machine and/or both machines.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: BMC Luna Auto CPAP Machine
I've never used one. Here's a review that was written. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...10-Autoset
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Fisherman.

I haven't used either machine, so I'm speculating a bit. First, make sure they're both on the same settings (I know it sounds obvious...). They are both auto machines and the different brands have their own proprietary algorithms as to how the machines behave. It may be that the BMC reacts faster / slower than the F&P and that suits your particular condition. We do know that Resmed machines tend to react faster than Philips which is generally a good thing but some users prefer the slower reaction. It's all down to the individual and how they respond to the machine algorithm.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Walla Walla for referring me to the review.  It is most informative , answere my questions and gives me peace of mind as to the efficiency and quality of the BMC Luna Cpap machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Deep Breathing
Thanks for responding to my query.  I had the F&P pressure setting at 7-14 and the BMC at 7-16 so I suppose that small difference at the top end would not effect the result much.  
Thanks also for your explanation of the fact that different machines have their own algorithms.  That is most interesting and explains difference in the average ahi’s that I achieved with the different machines. I am now happy with the quality and efficiency of the MBC machine.
Cheers
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 86 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 299 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 199 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 620 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 198 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,722 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  React Health Luna G3 CPAP apotter11 3 201 03-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.