Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Back up settings on Respironics System One
Back up settings on Respironics System One
Is it possible to get my Respironics System One BiPAP machine to save the current settings (prescription) to its data card? I accidentally managed to wipe out my current prescription settings using Encore Basic (watch out for that program). It would be nice to have a "fall back" plan to make playing with settings less risky!

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Back up settings on Respironics System One
(11-05-2014, 02:54 PM)GEGrossJr Wrote: Is it possible to get my Respironics System One BiPAP machine to save the current settings (prescription) to its data card? I accidentally managed to wipe out my current prescription settings using Encore Basic (watch out for that program). It would be nice to have a "fall back" plan to make playing with settings less risky!

Thanks!

Nope.

I think SleepyHead does record most of the settings. It won't restore them, but it does at least record the pressure settings.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Lovely. Now that's what I call user-friendly!

Thanks, archangle. I'll just have to write them down to CMA for my next foray into tampering. Fortunately, my sleep therapist is very good-natured. She went through and corrected everything this morning via phone.

How does SleepyHead obtain the prescription data it displays? It must be written to the data card somewhere.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2014, 03:03 PM)GEGrossJr Wrote: Lovely. Now that's what I call user-friendly!

Thanks, archangle. I'll just have to write them down to CMA for my next foray into tampering. Fortunately, my sleep therapist is very good-natured. She went through and corrected everything this morning via phone.

How does SleepyHead obtain the prescription data it displays? It must be written to the data card somewhere.

The card contains pressure mode (CPAP/APAP/Bilevel/etc), Min/max/Ipap/epap, and Flex settings. I presume it contains similar info for things like ASV or T mode bipap timing. I'm not sure what info is or isn't on the card.

I know Encore Basic/Pro can write commands for a large number of settings to the card, and the machine will read those the next time the machine reads the card. (or will read it every time it reads the card if you set it that way.)

I don't know if the CPAP machine records all the settings such as humidifier settings to the card. There seem to be a number of settings you can do on the clician's menu that don't show up in SleepyHead.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi GEGrossJr,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good to hear that you got things straightened out with your machine.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,604 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,032 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,958 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,047 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 372 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 296 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 228 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.