Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Backing up ResMed 10 Data under Mac OS X - same for ResMed S9?
Question 
Backing up ResMed 10 Data under Mac OS X - same for ResMed S9?
There is a section in the documentation:

How to Backup ResMed S9 Data under Mac OS X?
....sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?title=SleepyHead_Users_Guide#Getting_Started

Does this information apply to ResMED AirSense 10 as well?
About the SD card deleting data that's over 7 days old?

Thank you.  

I'm new to CPAP - 2 months. CPAP is going great for me - I only need low pressures.  But I have another health condition that is exhausting me, so sorry I didn't search more before asking.  This is my first post, so this is  sort of an experiment for me as well.  (I'm also a retired software technical writer.)

Michelle in Texas

I actually tried first to post in software support...
Second try, didn't realize the link was the problem the first time.  Hope truncating it works.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Backing up ResMed 10 Data under Mac OS X - same for ResMed S9?
Hi mishld - Welcome

The backup should be the same.  The A10  uses a little different file structure than the S9, but you should always backup your data to your PC for safe keeping.  SD cards are known for going bad in a heartbeat.  I believe the S9 retains detailed data for 7 days, while the A10 retains it for 30 days(?).   The cards will start overwriting the oldest data first when they reach their size limit.

Your url listing is a bad link.  Try this one for the latest information: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Backing up ResMed 10 Data under Mac OS X - same for ResMed S9?
(04-09-2019, 10:11 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Hi mishld - Welcome

The backup should be the same.  The A10  uses a little different file structure than the S9, but you should always backup your data to your PC for safe keeping.  SD cards are known for going bad in a heartbeat.  I believe the S9 retains detailed data for 7 days, while the A10 retains it for 30 days(?).   The cards will start overwriting the oldest data first when they reach their size limit.

Your url listing is a bad link.  Try this one for the latest information: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

The Autoset 10 holds the data for at least a year and more dependant on the SD card size
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 497 6 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 52 3,308 10 hours ago
Last Post: psinderbrand
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,849 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  Transitioning from ResMed to Lowenstein Prisma 20A SakimaStorm 2 110 03-27-2024, 02:38 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 96 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Impact of Resmed P10 on Nostrils ivan007 1 79 03-26-2024, 10:45 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 184 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.