Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Battle of the Masks is over
Battle of the Masks is over
For the last 2 weeks i've tried nasal pillows, nasal masks, the mirage liberty and finally the mirage quattro. The Mirage Quattro wins hands down...... zero leaks and 0 AHI's for the last couple of days. Looks like the Quattro will be the best fit for me!!!!

Now the only issue is the climateline fault.... that my new ResMed Aircurve 10 ASV is showing. I know that there is a new firmware update coming and I'm hoping that this will solve the issue. I really like this machine, it's a lot quieter and the lower AHI'S are better than the respironics that I had.
SleepLurker
STOP THE SNORE !!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Battle of the Masks is over
Ah HAH. We have a convert. Welcome to the Mirage Quattro club.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi sleeplurker,
It's great to hear you found a mask that works well for you, now you can enjoy better quality sleep, WOO HOO.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you found a mask that works for you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats to you! It's great to hear the Mirage Quattro is working well for you. That is a fine mask and should do well for you and Mr. Mongo until you see the light and convert to the P-10......

Resistance is futile.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2015, 04:46 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Congrats to you! It's great to hear the Mirage Quattro is working well for you. That is a fine mask and should do well for you and Mr. Mongo until you see the light and convert to the P-10......

Resistance is futile.

At my pressure, if the mask gets away from me, it will shoot across the room like a rocket.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah-ha, but you see -- if you were using a pillows mask you'd probably end up with pressures more in the range of 14 or so. Then the only thing shooting across the room would be you as you leap for Joy. That is, if you know someone named Joy.
Post Reply Post Reply
I second R_G's assertions:
1) Ultimately, we will all use P10. Resistance is Futile.
2) Pressure needed with a nasal pillow is indeed lesser than with FFM. My 95% pressure on F10 FFM was upto 14.5cm and AHI was < 1. With the P10, I am running with a straight pressure of 7.5 and RDI < 0.5.

At pressures that SleepLurker is using, he will soon realize the futility of constantly adjusting to the FFM and move to nasal pillows.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2015, 06:31 PM)AshSF Wrote: At pressures that SleepLurker is using, he will soon realize the futility of constantly adjusting to the FFM and move to nasal pillows.

That is just the point. With the Mirage Quattro one does not have to constantly adjust the mask. You get it adjusted once and then just put it on and go after that.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry PaytonA...... it turns out a mouth breather per the wife and the sleep clinic....
SleepLurker
STOP THE SNORE !!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 345 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 220 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 412 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Other masks to try? acordeon 5 496 01-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 492 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Why different pressures with different masks Dawei 6 423 12-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Resmed masks with magnets and coronary stents stillaliveca 0 456 12-19-2023, 10:12 PM
Last Post: stillaliveca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.