Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Battle of the Masks is over
RE: Battle of the Masks is over
(03-29-2015, 08:27 PM)sleeplurker Wrote: Sorry PaytonA...... it turns out a mouth breather per the wife and the sleep clinic....

Of course you are.... I think we all are. Until we aren't.

The thing the sleep clinics aren't doing a really great job of is assisting people as to how they can properly use equipment without breathing through their mouth. That's important EVEN IF you are using a full face mask. It can reduce the overall pressure requirement which is good for your comfort, and hence your overall sleep. It can reduce the hardware on your head which again can be a very nice thing indeed. ..and it can keep you from being the cotton mouth bunny in the middle of the night as you race off to the bathroom.

Investigate pillow masks. They could end up being your very bfm (best friend mask) in the future. Along with a chinstrap to encourage your mouth to stay shut and you might just be good to go.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2015, 12:37 PM)sleeplurker Wrote: Now the only issue is the climateline fault.... that my new ResMed Aircurve 10 ASV is showing. I know that there is a new firmware update coming and I'm hoping that this will solve the issue.

My voodoo incantation is to cycle power on the machine immediately after I plug the humidifier tank into the machine. An extra couple of seconds. I have not seen a hose or humidifier problem since started doing that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine leaked like there's no tomorrow P10 for me
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 349 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 221 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 412 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Other masks to try? acordeon 5 496 01-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 493 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Why different pressures with different masks Dawei 6 423 12-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Resmed masks with magnets and coronary stents stillaliveca 0 456 12-19-2023, 10:12 PM
Last Post: stillaliveca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.