Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Best DME Provider In Seattle
Best DME Provider In Seattle
I currently am using the DME provider suggested by my doctor and am looking to change since their service is sub-par, selection of masks/pillows is limited, and their is a lack of willingness to get the masks/pillows I would like to try. I called my doctors office and they gave me three more DME providers to contact, however, when I reviewed them online they all had only a 1-2 star rating out of 5, and most of the reviews mentioned bad experiences. I thought I would reach out to this forum to see if anyone in the Greater Seattle area has a DME provider they would recommend where they have had a positive experience?

Thanks, Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Best DME Provider In Seattle
Be sure to get a list of in-network providers from your insurer. They are often online, or available by request.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Already have the list. Just looking to see if anyone can make a recommendation where they have had positive experiences.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jdana24,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I hope you find a DME that is willing to work with you.
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-23-2016, 09:56 PM)jdana24 Wrote: I currently am using the DME provider suggested by my doctor and am looking to change since their service is sub-par, selection of masks/pillows is limited, and their is a lack of willingness to get the masks/pillows I would like to try. I called my doctors office and they gave me three more DME providers to contact, however, when I reviewed them online they all had only a 1-2 star rating out of 5, and most of the reviews mentioned bad experiences. I thought I would reach out to this forum to see if anyone in the Greater Seattle area has a DME provider they would recommend where they have had a positive experience?

Thanks, Jeff

I'm not a big fan of DMEs in general -as it turns out I knew more than they did after a week of being a member here. Having said that Northwest Medical are helpful and nice if they are on your plan. Was able to fit many masks and try the machines I wanted. They answered all of my questions as best they could. PM if you need further help.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
I wish that I could be more help with this, but I have had some bad experiences as well. I seemed to know more about the CPAP that I chose than they did and I had to adjust the settings myself, because my doctor and the DME were unable to help me much with that. They were of little help and they will not tell you how to adjust it, so I looked up the manual on this site and it was really helpful. If you can, insurance allowing, find an online retailer. They seem to be cheaper, but I have yet to find one that lets one try masks at no risk. They sell you one, you are stuck with it like it or not, so do a lot of research on the masks and also read the customer comments about each one. Most people are honest about liking a mask and will be blunt about their dislikes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks sonicboom but NW Medical is the one I am looking to leave. Of the 9 DME providers in the Greater Seattle area covered by my insurance, all but one have either a 1 or 2 star rating on Yelp. Only Norco had a 3 star rating, but still had quite a few poor ratings. It seems that poor customer service is more the norm in this industry.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2016, 07:46 PM)jdana24 Wrote: Thanks sonicboom but NW Medical is the one I am looking to leave. Of the 9 DME providers in the Greater Seattle area covered by my insurance, all but one have either a 1 or 2 star rating on Yelp. Only Norco had a 3 star rating, but still had quite a few poor ratings. It seems that poor customer service is more the norm in this industry.

See PM. I don't use any DME now and I don't think you need one.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Jeff,

You might try Performance Home Medical. While the staff knowledge is hit-or-miss, they have a reasonable selection of supplies and the service is prompt. As for ratings by customers, I don't rely on reviews much, as the sources and sample sizes might not be representative of the customer bases for these suppliers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Avoid Apria. I repeat, Avoid Apria
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation 2 Advanced Provider ManualIII Clay L 2 268 01-28-2024, 08:03 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  First post, provider is not much help. DPAlaska 2 270 01-26-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: DPAlaska
  DME Provider Recos cincysinner 5 334 01-25-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 modem/provider mystery richapple 4 566 12-22-2023, 09:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Provider Manual for BMC? cpapuser2348 1 259 12-21-2023, 06:48 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Bleep Eclipse DME Provider corgan115 10 2,270 11-01-2023, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  My medical provider called me, they want to schedule my titration study. Should I go? Phil487 8 1,068 07-06-2023, 01:18 PM
Last Post: RNeil

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.