Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Best new pillow CPAP available
Best new pillow CPAP available
I just discovered this site and already have a question. I am presently using the Airfit P10 nasal pillow and have one complaint. Although I love the pillow quietness, I've had a problem keeping the mask tight (due to the lack of "adjustments"). I ended up tying the two straps into a knot and it finally worked. I'm due to order a new mask and was considering the Airfit P10 again due to ease of use & quietness. I also noticed the Mirage Swift II nasal pillow as an option.

Does anyone have any comparisons between the Airfit P10 & Mirage Swift II nasal pillow along with pros/cons of each. From the pictures, it appears the Mirage Swift brings back the self adjusting straps which would be a positive. But I also have a question on which one would be quieter. I don't want to trade off adjustable straps for more noise. 

Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Best new pillow CPAP available
Hi djfro

Welcome to the forum.
A P10 alternative you could consider, is the new F&P Brevida pillow mask. The Brevidia is also wisper quiet like the P10, but offers sturdier & adjustable straps.
I have been using the Brevida mask for the past 3 weeks, and will not be returning back to my previous P10 masks.

;-> gjw
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2017, 10:59 PM)Idjfro Wrote: I just discovered this site and already have a question. I am presently using the Airfit P10 nasal pillow and have one complaint. Although I love the pillow quietness, I've had a problem keeping the mask tight (due to the lack of "adjustments"). I ended up tying the two straps into a knot and it finally worked. I'm due to order a new mask and was considering the Airfit P10 again due to ease of use & quietness. I also noticed the Mirage Swift II nasal pillow as an option.

Does anyone have any comparisons between the Airfit P10 & Mirage Swift II nasal pillow along with pros/cons of each. From the pictures, it appears the Mirage Swift brings back the self adjusting straps which would be a positive. But I also have a question on which one would be quieter. I don't want to trade off adjustable straps for more noise. 

Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The  current P10 masks now come with small clips that you place on the straps to adjust.  Also, you can purchase them separately.  

ResMed is also coming out with a new P10 (called the P20) that will have adjustable straps.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I looked at the Mirage Swift II online.  Looks good as long as you only sleep on your left side.  I don't like the way they have the hose coming up the side of your head.
Now the F&P Brevida may give the P10's some real competition.  I like the look of it and may in the future try it out.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
I used a Mirage Swift when I started in 2008. It is an older mask style. Attaching the hose along the side strap is optional, and it can also be routed to a clip on top of your head. It has a rather large barrel that fits under the nose along the top lip, and it has a loud vent that blows a stream of air from that mask frame. I replaced that with the Swift FX when it was released in 2010, and finally adopted the Airfit P10 in 2015.

The Resmed Airfit P10 now includes clips that can be used to adjust the straps. It is also available in a For Her style that is about an inch shorter in the headgear, but note it does not include a Large pillow. I will stick with the P10 until the new P20 is released. The Airfit P20 should be available soon, and will include adjustable headgear.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi djfro,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Am I correct in seeing that the brevida is not yet available in the US?  According to F&P it does not have clearance yet, and cannot be imported.  It looks fairly comfortable, I was going to give it a shot.

Update:  For anyone interested in the US.  The F&P Brevida nasal pillows were approved by the FDA on 1/18/2017 so we will probably see them soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all for the info on potential pillow models. In following the recommendations, does anyone have a time frame on when we may see AirFit P20 model?
Post Reply Post Reply
I was not aware of the p20 coming soon. I just bought the p10 and had my first night with it last night. What a game changer for me. My f20 and dreamwear are going in storage. My wife didn't even tell at me to roll over because she was getting blasted by cold air from the vent... The diffuser is great for my marriage lol.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's hard to find information on the P20 release.  I doubt we would see it until later in the year.   Dont-know

I'm probably in the minority as I have no issues with the P10 headgear.  It fits me perfectly, and I dont feel a need to have adjustable straps.  So, I hope ResMed keeps both versions.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 989 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 243 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 5,131 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 321 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 508 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 368 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  CPAP LUNDBERG Pillow shoulder pain Roy289 2 430 12-26-2023, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Roy289

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.