Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] BiPAP Auto SV
I am new to this forum and need guidance... My mom has been prescribed BiPAP treatment.... my neighbor has a used BiPAP Auto SV 960 machine which she no longer needs and is willing to give it away for her.... I understand that this machine is more powerful and has more feature than what my mom needs... Is there any problem using this machine ?
Post Reply Post Reply
It is Respironics DS960HS BIPAP Auto SV Advanced System One machine....
Post Reply Post Reply
If you know your mom's prescription, we can probably help you to set that machine up to match that. The Auto SV is an adaptive servo ventilator but can be set to CPAP and Bilevel modes. The SV can treat central apnea and periodic or Cheyen-Stokes respiration as well as obstructive apnea. It does that on a breath by breath basis, and can rapidly increase inhalation pressure to cause respiration to continue, even when there is no respiratory effort.

Welcome to the forum. One thing that is curious about your post is you say your neighbor no longer needs the machine. Unless he/she recently passed, I seriously doubt that.
Post Reply Post Reply

Thank for reply Sleeprider....

My Mom's prescription is IPAP 12 / EPAP 7.

My neighbor's brother shifted out of country recently and bought another machine there...hence she does not need that machine any longer...

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi drmitt,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It sounds like you have a good neighbor.
I hope your Mom does well with her CPAP therapy.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to the board and using a bipap disnynerd 31 516 7 hours ago
Last Post: disnynerd
  Newbie DreamStation Auto BiPAP with humidifier and heated tube DSX700T11 que0x 9 1,199 09-10-2017, 09:54 AM
Last Post: que0x
  Respironics System One BiPAP ST helpl jgoole 5 136 09-09-2017, 05:14 AM
Last Post: jgoole
  Need help choosing a BiPAP machine slarai 11 277 09-08-2017, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  BIPAP or ASV? jsielke 3 156 09-07-2017, 06:09 PM
Last Post: jsielke
  [Equipment] BiPAP ramp settings theebrad 9 210 09-06-2017, 11:29 AM
Last Post: theebrad
Video CPAP - BiPAP Help Needed addicted 26 873 09-04-2017, 02:14 AM
Last Post: addicted