Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] BiPAP Repair
RE: BiPAP Repair
(06-25-2014, 07:08 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Anybody know how to repair a PRS1 BiPAP? Mine is about 2.5 years old and it's starting to malfunction. It beeps, shuts itself off, then beeps and starts back up again. I have the auto-on feature enabled so that probably explains why it starts back up, sometimes I have to take a couple breaths to get get it started again.

If you're lucky, it's just a bad memory card. Remove the memory card and see if it still beeps.

Other than that, the only option I can see is to send it back, since AFAIK, they don't release any schematics.

If you're going to throw it out if it's broken, you might as well open it up and look. If you're lucky, you'll find something repairable like corrosion, water, an air duct that's cracked or dislodged, a bad PC board trace or possibly a sensor you could order from a 3rd party.

Terry
Post Reply Post Reply
Device alerts and beeping errors: scroll down to the bottom page for the link
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...rror_codes
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night it shut down and started beeping repeatedly. Got the "Service Required" fatal error. Rebooting fixed the problem. My wife heard it, too, at 4 am. So ... tonight should be an adventure.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2014, 07:36 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Last night it shut down and started beeping repeatedly. Got the "Service Required" fatal error. Rebooting fixed the problem. My wife heard it, too, at 4 am. So ... tonight should be an adventure.
From the user manual, see post #12 for the link
Service Required: Press either the wheel or ramp button to silence the alert.
Remove the power supply cord from the device to remove power. Plug the cord back into the device’s power inlet to restore power.
If the alert continues to occur, contact your home care provider.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] resmed apap repair sleeper2460 4 514 11-24-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Help with bipap Al N 7 697 09-14-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Al N
Money [CPAP] Repair Z1 or purchase Pilot-24 Lite Battery CJH1968 3 595 08-13-2023, 08:10 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Internal cpap repair parts mzipp 8 5,583 08-10-2023, 05:29 PM
Last Post: sms832
  Resmed BiPAP repair company in U.S? 17WRX 3 710 05-13-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.