Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] BiPap as backup machine question
Just completed an overdue sleep study and doctor prescribed a new machine, the Remstar Airsense 10 with a setting of 13.
This replaces by prior machine the Respironics BiPAPPlus series M. Anyone have any idea if this can be set to new settings and used as a backup machine?
Yes, you can use a bipap provided you know how to set the settings. If you normally have an EPR set to 3, you would set the lower pressure 3 cm less than your primary pressure. You can request a clinical manual to explain how here on this board.
Hi apneajoe,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred

Thanks. I know how to change it, I did not know if on the Bipap setting the IP and the EP set the same would accomplish CPAP.
So if I am understanding correctly setting the EP 3 below would keep it as a Bipap with the new prescription.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 8 7,498 7 minutes ago
Last Post: lab rat
  Question: How to cure exhale forced by CPAP machine? Spunky8 12 378 01-14-2017, 06:57 AM
Last Post: holden4th
Question How to get prescription for auto-BiPAP machine? rbwilli 22 554 01-11-2017, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Galactus
  BiPAP quits after 15 minutes of operation Larryvon 5 174 01-09-2017, 10:57 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Dreamstation Auto Bipap Setting Questions lawlipop 10 397 01-02-2017, 10:52 PM
Last Post: lawlipop
  Help with Bipap settings SupraSeth94 18 604 12-29-2016, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] respironics bipap error code hanasdaddy 6 317 12-07-2016, 01:48 AM
Last Post: hanasdaddy