Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] BiPap as backup machine question
Just completed an overdue sleep study and doctor prescribed a new machine, the Remstar Airsense 10 with a setting of 13.
This replaces by prior machine the Respironics BiPAPPlus series M. Anyone have any idea if this can be set to new settings and used as a backup machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, you can use a bipap provided you know how to set the settings. If you normally have an EPR set to 3, you would set the lower pressure 3 cm less than your primary pressure. You can request a clinical manual to explain how here on this board.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi apneajoe,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Thanks. I know how to change it, I did not know if on the Bipap setting the IP and the EP set the same would accomplish CPAP.
So if I am understanding correctly setting the EP 3 below would keep it as a Bipap with the new prescription.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 17 12,626 Yesterday, 11:07 AM
Last Post: personal111
  Hello from a new BiPAP user Raven87 39 1,042 Yesterday, 06:35 AM
Last Post: Raven87
Question Theoretical Setting for a Bi-Level Machine Question Crimson Nape 1 95 05-18-2017, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Question about machine I chose. dianemarie123 4 209 05-17-2017, 01:04 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Philips Bipap AutoSV advanced settings traceyjordan 3 207 05-12-2017, 08:33 AM
  How to set rate on Philips Respironics Dreamstation Bipap Liabostian 2 211 05-07-2017, 04:33 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 13 522 05-04-2017, 10:03 PM