Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting data onto SD card
Getting data onto SD card
I finally got a PC and downloaded Sleepyhead, but now I have a stupid question. How do I get the data onto the SD card?  Is it as simple as inserting the card into the CPAP machine? Does it load automatically? I've read the instructions online, but am still unsure.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Getting data onto SD card
It pretty much is that easy. It loads automatically. But there are some caveats.
1) Make sure the SD card isn't locked (there's usually a physical switch to lock it or unlock it). This way the machine will be able to write on it. You may want to lock it before putting it in your computer though.
2) For the nights before you put the SD card in, it will only show basic data, like AHI, hours used, etc. (The internal hard drive only saves basic data)
3) For tonight and all the nights going forward that you have the SD card in, it will have the full data that you can transfer to Sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, merky!  I'll be back after a few nights of data collection to seek assistance on adjusting the settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Look forward to seeing both of your sleepyhead charts
@msn, 4/20 is default out of the box, tuning your pressure may see better results
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey ajack,

My charts don't seem very interesting. My AHI is usually 0.3 or lower. My 95% pressure is ~6. The thing I'm working on is trying to consistently prevent my mouth from falling open.

I'll start my own thread to discuss.
Post Reply Post Reply
I put the SD card into the Resmed machine and it has been stuck for nearly 20 minutes now with a message of "Preparing SD card, do not remove power or your card."  

Is this long wait normal? I cannot turn on the machine to go to sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
On a Respironics machine, the longer you've gone without an SD card, the longer it takes to write all those days to the SD card. Same for when you insert a different SD card if you want a direct backup or copy of your data, although you can do that on a computer, too. I don't know about Resmed machines, but 20 minutes does seem on the long side.
Post Reply Post Reply
This may be a stupid question... but... did you insert an empty SD card into the machine?

Something about your wording makes me wonder if SleepyHead got installed onto the SD card.

edit: It normally takes just moments for the data to transfer, but it could theoretically take longer if there is lots of data. I don't think the machine itself stores a large amount on its own internal memory though.
Post Reply Post Reply
First, the SD card can't be locked to load data from the machine, check and make sure it isn't locked.  Second, when I forgot to put the SD card into my Resmed, I lost that data for that night, it wouldn't 'just transfer' to the card.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 167 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 501 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Recording Data To SD Card TheEngineer 4 667 09-14-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  No SD Card anyway to get last night's data jerrykur 2 467 08-01-2023, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jerrykur
  My DME cant import my emailed SD card data, can I export all days to a pdf? ImAlwaysTiredd 7 723 12-28-2022, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 921 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.