Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Black Friday APAP purchase?
Black Friday APAP purchase?
Resmed is having a black friday online deal for a Airsense Autoset For her at £620 (includes climate line tube and humidifier ), with currency converter, will retail at $829.

Apparently this makes it at 15% discount. Is this a good deal? Ending tomorrow midnight.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
RE: Black Friday APAP purchase?
That is a normal online price in the U.S. It's not exceptional, but if it ends up at your doorstep for that price without value-added taxes, you're golden! I'd say for Europe it's very very good.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(11-26-2017, 06:07 PM)Apnea Infant Wrote: Resmed is having a black friday online deal for a Airsense Autoset For her at £620 (includes climate line tube and humidifier ), with currency converter, will retail at $829.

Apparently this makes it at 15% discount. Is this a good deal? Ending tomorrow midnight.

I would say that this is not a good deal.  

You can easily get the Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset For Her (which is the same as the AirSense 10 Autoset but with an extra mode supposedly for females) for about $500 elsewhere, any day of the week.  I'm pretty sure that I saw a black friday deal from Supplier #10 for about $600 on that model.  I like the color scheme on it better as well.
Well.......

Reznik, Supplier no 10 is selling it for $879-just checked.

Yes SR, most things are noted here with VAT already added unlike the US. Yes it will be delivered at £620. I get 5% off on top of the 10% for Black Friday sale being a Resmed member having registered with them and also having bought from them before. Its just that it is good as a spare and I will NEVER get an APAP from the NHS, NEVER now that it is all going swimmingly with CPAP.

As you know I have been keen to use an APAP since my apneas only occur at REM and I have now proven to myself that with the aid of the collar it is very much my physiology and chin tuck which is causing severe obstructions at REM requiring only 10.6 cmH2O now.

I have until midnight today to think about it-£620 is still a helluva lot of money but great investment for my health.

Buy the spare one from amazon (Sistemma)Commercial Link Removed. I bought one shipped to the UK no import duty cost me $500 including shipping currently on there for  $550 (£412) from the same supplier just took a week to come. It won’t work with my air as the mobile modem is incompatible with the UK but sleepyhead gives me much better info any way. Comes with a multi voltage adapter just needs a UK plug fitting to the figure 8 cable or buy a replacement one.

Jason

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Thanks Jason. That is really good advice and good money. You are right-myair is not as good as Sleepyhead-I do not refer to it any more.

I shall look into Sistemma tonight.

Clearly I am missing something here, but are you unhappy with the supply of equipment from "Your NHS". Dielaughing

And of course the never to be forgotten "NHS Choices".
Cheapest I found was for £540 +VAT and that was for the normal Airsense10 Autoset (Not the For Her) and the hose was NOT included. So I think they are throwing the Climate line hose in for free.
This is Rip of Britain after all.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
(11-27-2017, 10:16 AM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: This is Rip of Britain after all.

But who is ripping off whom?
(11-27-2017, 02:53 AM)Apnea Infant Wrote: Well.......

Reznik, Supplier no 10 is selling it for $879-just checked.

It appears that you need their Black Friday link in order to get that deal.  I'll send it to you via PM.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 50 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,514 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 361 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 553 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 424 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,410 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.