Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Blower will not come on
Blower will not come on
Hi am an new here and have a delima. I am a medical missionary working and living in the remote villages of Guatemala. I have a REMstar plus model M CPAP. I used it for several years and loved it. I had to move to an area with no electricity so could not use a CPAP. Now I have electricity and went to use my CPAP and everything seems to come on...( screen has no service messages or errors) But blower just never comes on. Do you all think it is just gone, or does it need some kind of reset. I do not have an option of getting a new one or taking it to a tech as we have none here in Guatemala. Any help appreciated.
[/font]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Blower will not come on
It's possible that during the time it was sitting that the blower bearings have "stuck."
There is no way to repair it that I know of.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have access to compressed air, you could try directing a short blast into the hose so it will pass backward through the unit. Remove the filter first, in order to maximize the possibility of success. That could free the blower wheel bearing if it's merely hung up due to congealed lubricant. If it gets started, it might do well for quite a while.

If no compressed air, try blowing a few big puffs by mouth. Worth a try.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2016, 12:46 PM)Junglemedic Wrote: I do not have an option of getting a new one or taking it to a tech as we have none here in Guatemala. Any help appreciated.
[/font]
You can get a reasonably priced new or used machine from Supplier #2, ship internationally
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Machine choices http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Junglemedic,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and I hope you can get your machine working.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  S9 Blower Motor vk3hjq 105 16,351 01-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: Julio Bigtime
  S9/AS10 Blower Motor Tester vk3hjq 7 1,880 12-03-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: FaceInTheCrowd
  [Equipment] Respironics System One Blower Motor Replacement. Donald S 7 1,671 02-17-2023, 09:13 AM
Last Post: fly by night
  Does EPR (or other press supports) reduce lifespan of blower motor ? DaveCar 7 1,216 03-13-2022, 12:54 AM
Last Post: Geer1
Gross Odd odor from repaired CPAP (motor blower Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset) Suggestions? UncollapseMeThroat 8 1,742 09-03-2021, 03:26 PM
Last Post: mrmagloo
  Dreamstation - Photo of foam 'bits' in airway under blower DaveCar 6 1,296 09-02-2021, 01:27 PM
Last Post: DaveCar
  ResMed blower motor replacement Johnnyable 3 2,500 08-02-2021, 03:00 PM
Last Post: Johnnyable

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.