Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear
Brevida mask with Evora headgear
Many users of the Brevida mask like it very much, my doctor told me 90% of those testing it adopt it, but very often with headgear complains.  It move too much during the night, producing lot of leaks, and can't be "lightly fix" for a minimal pressure on the nostrils.  The headgear is the weak part.

As I said before in other threads, I was waiting delivery of 3 Evora headgear (if one option failed I was able to test others) to check if they can be fitted on a Brevida mask.

The answer :  YES !!! ... at least for me

For 2 weeks I was using my "patented" Brevida headgear linked with the Swift Nano one and was very comfortable with.  The only one flaw was that the thickness of the 2 bands on the cheeks (and the silicone of the Swift is quite thick) was sometimes producing more leaks because they was easily moved by the pillow when turning in the night.  Expecting the thin Evora cheek band will solve that.

My last night was very VERY good with the new PATENT PENDING (Ha Ha) Brevida+Evora marriage.

At first I was planning to cut the Evora bands, drill and screw on the Brevida hooks, but for a first test with minimal and even no modification, I simply assembled them with a little duck-tape band around the Brevida , and...  and... as it was quite good added 2 small tie-wrap.

The good thing is the rotation and movement of the bent swivel tube exit is totally free from any induced friction.  Surprisingly, opposite to my fears, if the "duck-tape plus tie-wrap" over the Brevida hooks are very tight, the "front white semi-circular plastic ring" of the Evora headgear is super stable.  The rigidity of the Evora front band help for that.

I will continue to test for a week and then decide if I will design and 3D print a nylon adaptor that will make it easier to mix together... or stay with my first model... maybe !
And the results are ...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Brevida mask with Evora headgear
Hi..

What was the verdict please.

I need to buy a new mask and need to choose between these two. Have you tried the Evora on its own. Any insight re durability, fit, design preference? Thanks Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
As my thread say, I was using Brevida (with nasal pillow) first and found them very comfortable and with virtually no leaks during night.
BUT BUT the single strap in the back of the head makke it moving too much during night, so I found the Evora with two straps that should stabilize much better... but did not like the mask itself.

SO ... I designed an adaptor to install the Evora headgear on the Brevida.  Surprized FP never thought that, rather than making two 1/2 good mask they have everything yo make at least a good Brevida+Evora headgear.

Sorry I have no advise on the Evora itself... only the headgear.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the photos. I have been considering how to hook the Brevida mask with the Evora headgear but hadn't thought about just using brute force (zip-ties, duct tape). I will try that for my wife, who is struggling with her mask right now.

I use the Brevida myself and find the strap movement to be a nuisance. I might sleep better with this change too.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2023, 08:00 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: Thank you for the photos. I have been considering how to hook the Brevida mask with the Evora headgear but hadn't thought about just using brute force (zip-ties, duct tape). I will try that for my wife, who is struggling with her mask right now.

I use the Brevida myself and find the strap movement to be a nuisance. I might sleep better with this change too.

I am using my "Brevida-Evora mix" since March 2022, so 18 months, and it works very fine for me much better than all other mask I tried.  For me only nasal pillow works fine the Brevida is absolutely the one... BUT !  FP made the headgear very bad. Oh-jeez

When I solved my probem I thought 1000's of user would ask me my adaptor, but you are the only one that think that.

One recommendation ... use the largest pillow because of their sizes they need less pressure to expand and close tight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,
Thanks very much for taking the time and trouble to show how you connected the Brevida Mask to the Evora headgear.

Like you, I have been using the Brevida mask and headgear for approx 4 years.
Whilst the Brevida pillow mask is perfect for me, the Brevida headgear doesn't work for me.

I recently purchased an Evora nasal pillow and headgear. 
I found the headgear absolutely perfect but didn't like the Evora pillow.

I searched the internet and found your post.

I used your prototype photo's to combine the Brevida pillow and Evora headgear and am now enjoying a perfect sleep - thanks very much.

Did you end up designing a 3D nylon adaptor, or are you still using cable ties and duct tape?

I look forward to your reply
Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
SRee / Steeve

As I am very busy with other projects, I left aside this one.  I received very rare comments and rarely people, like you, realized that one part of 2 devices can solve a problem.... or even searched for it.

For the moment the only solution is to use ducktape and tiewraps to hold them.
But, as a new year begin... I will put that problem in the top for 2024.

One other thing I found, even if I have a "little nose" the best Brevida mask is the Medium/Large.
One reason is the bigger silicone cone, even if look a bit large, that make a much better seal rather the XS-S

For sure I will contact you.

Happy New Year.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

Thanks very much for replying so promptly.
I made a small modification to your system and used two small cable ties on each side. 
Each cable tie goes through the Brevida housing to securely attach the Evora headgear. This seems to negate the need for duct tape.

Even though the cable tie faces outward, I was careful to make sure that there were no sharp edges when I cut off the excess cable tie.

If you get around to designing an adaptor, I would love to see it.
Thanks again
Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
Steeve,
you beated me, congratulation.
The way you attach with tie-wrap is much stable.

I am just surprised very few people are looking that type of mask.
From the 10 different I tested over 10 years, 
the Brevida is the best for me, but the lack of the headgear.

Do you know that F&P stop producing CPAP machines and concentrate on the mask business.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 278 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,579 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
Cool Comparisons to F&P Evora Mask SheShells23 9 356 03-05-2024, 03:19 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 437 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Moisture with Brevida Nasal Pillows Columbiabill 2 355 12-26-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Comfortable adjustment with Evora FFM Columbiabill 3 430 12-15-2023, 10:38 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  P10 Headgear paulag1955 2 349 12-14-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: paulag1955

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.