Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear
Brevida mask with Evora headgear
Many users of the Brevida mask like it very much, my doctor told me 90% of those testing it adopt it, but very often with headgear complains.  It move too much during the night, producing lot of leaks, and can't be "lightly fix" for a minimal pressure on the nostrils.  The headgear is the weak part.

As I said before in other threads, I was waiting delivery of 3 Evora headgear (if one option failed I was able to test others) to check if they can be fitted on a Brevida mask.

The answer :  YES !!! ... at least for me

For 2 weeks I was using my "patented" Brevida headgear linked with the Swift Nano one and was very comfortable with.  The only one flaw was that the thickness of the 2 bands on the cheeks (and the silicone of the Swift is quite thick) was sometimes producing more leaks because they was easily moved by the pillow when turning in the night.  Expecting the thin Evora cheek band will solve that.

My last night was very VERY good with the new PATENT PENDING (Ha Ha) Brevida+Evora marriage.

At first I was planning to cut the Evora bands, drill and screw on the Brevida hooks, but for a first test with minimal and even no modification, I simply assembled them with a little duck-tape band around the Brevida , and...  and... as it was quite good added 2 small tie-wrap.

The good thing is the rotation and movement of the bent swivel tube exit is totally free from any induced friction.  Surprisingly, opposite to my fears, if the "duck-tape plus tie-wrap" over the Brevida hooks are very tight, the "front white semi-circular plastic ring" of the Evora headgear is super stable.  The rigidity of the Evora front band help for that.

I will continue to test for a week and then decide if I will design and 3D print a nylon adaptor that will make it easier to mix together... or stay with my first model... maybe !
And the results are ...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New F&P Evora Full Face Mask--Leaks! DaveL 43 1,360 06-29-2022, 02:31 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 138 5,651 06-11-2022, 09:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  Adaptor to fix a Evora headgear on a Brevida mask BeauPetitNez 0 137 06-11-2022, 09:54 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
  Nasal pillows with good woman's headgear fit SleeplessInVirginia 21 1,266 06-11-2022, 09:21 AM
  Brevida mask with P10 headgear? Hydrangea 7 961 03-30-2022, 05:47 PM
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 361 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 5 412 03-22-2022, 07:01 PM
Last Post: yankees123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.