Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Broken humidifier PR System One
Broken humidifier PR System One
Hi, my PR System One Humidifier quit using water some time ago. I contacted my home medical equipment supplier and will be getting a new machine, since my old system is almoist five years old. As for the old system, can I just replace the humidifier? That way I would have a backup machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Broken humidifier PR System One
If your current machine is the same as your new machine, then it will serve as a backup even without replacing the humidifier. In case of emergency, take humidifier from new machine and poke it into old machine, and you're done.

Post Reply Post Reply
Assuming the fault is in the humidifier unit, you can likely get a humidifier from Supplier #2 for $70 plus shipping.
See: commercial posts section.
You need to know specifically which system one series you have. DS50 or DS60?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to retired_guy and justMongo, I appreciate your comments, but I didn't ask the complete question. What I should have asked was "Is it likely that the problem is in the humidifier itself or in the CPAP itself."?
Post Reply Post Reply
It could be either. The humidifier is controlled by, and receives power from, the blower unit. No way to say for sure without either testing it, or absent that, replacing it and seeing if the new one works. Don't know the likelihood of one vs the other.

OMM
Post Reply Post Reply
But it definitely probably likely possibly is one or the other.

maybe.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unless it's something else.
Post Reply Post Reply
In which case it couldnt' be that.

So.... It can only be that it isn't broken at all. Ragnar? You're good to go.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2015, 12:44 PM)Ragnar Wrote: Hi, my PR System One Humidifier quit using water some time ago. I contacted my home medical equipment supplier and will be getting a new machine, since my old system is almoist five years old. As for the old system, can I just replace the humidifier? That way I would have a backup machine.

There are two potential things to look at (from what I can tell).

* No heat
* No airflow over the water

When you turn the machine off in the morning is the water hot? If so, the heater is working and you may have an airflow problem, like a damaged/missing gasket that's supposed to makes the air go where it should.

If the water is cold, it's a problem with the humidifier's heater or control circuit.

One potential problem is that the humidifier is actually controlled by the CPAP machine, so it's possible that you could replace the humidifier and still not have it work.

You might want to take it with you when you pick up your new machine and see if your vendor has a spare used humidifier you could try, and see if it heats up.

Terry
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-21-2015, 07:31 PM)Terry Wrote:
(03-21-2015, 12:44 PM)Ragnar Wrote: Hi, my PR System One Humidifier quit using water some time ago. I contacted my home medical equipment supplier and will be getting a new machine, since my old system is almoist five years old. As for the old system, can I just replace the humidifier? That way I would have a backup machine.

There are two potential things to look at (from what I can tell).

* No heat
* No airflow over the water

When you turn the machine off in the morning is the water hot? If so, the heater is working and you may have an airflow problem, like a damaged/missing gasket that's supposed to makes the air go where it should.

If the water is cold, it's a problem with the humidifier's heater or control circuit.

One potential problem is that the humidifier is actually controlled by the CPAP machine, so it's possible that you could replace the humidifier and still not have it work.

You might want to take it with you when you pick up your new machine and see if your vendor has a spare used humidifier you could try, and see if it heats up.

Terry
Thank you Terry.
The water is cold but there is no airflow problem.
Unfortunately your suggestion about bringing the machine to the vendor is not workable, the vendor is shipping the machine from NY because we are in the Florida Keys Sad

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,615 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,116 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 377 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 299 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 766 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 353 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.