Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Building An Ultra-Light CPAP For Backpacking? Possible?
RE: Building An Ultra-Light CPAP For Backpacking? Possible?
I used to do a ton of backpacking over 30 years in the Sierra-usually 4 trips a year. I've looked into a lot of possible solutions, but there'[s nothing lightweight that will function for more than one+nights that I've found. Batteries are the limiting factor. Maybe if you carry solar panels you could power one of the small cpap machines, but I doubt it.

so: I used a variety of nasal openers that did very little. A neck collar is probably the best thing if you have positional apnea. Beyond that, I could only imagine a dedicated mouth appliance, but they're far too costly and anyway I think they have their own drawbacks. in the end, this last may be the only current effective-ish lightweight therapy available.

And the neck collar!!

You really don't want be hauling an extra six pounds for one plus of therapy.

p.s. you may enjoy this website: backpackinglight.com
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean cajones 9 11,502 03-15-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 10 - Bright light from on/off switch Dagmar 6 11,074 03-03-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: E.W.
  RECOMMENDATION REQUESTED - LIGHT THERAPY srlevine1 0 353 07-23-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Air building up in your mouth: where does it go if you tape your mouth shut? Albigensian 14 3,187 05-30-2023, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Norman2195
  [Equipment] Screen Light - how to turn off Hopingforachange 4 2,103 04-04-2023, 01:50 AM
Last Post: zellem
  Phillips system one red light tmoody 1 508 01-18-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: tmoody
  Flat Mask Leak? Backpacking? purplebear 0 402 01-02-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: purplebear

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.