Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Buying Another Machine
Buying Another Machine
Hi all, just need some input. I am buying another machine as basically a spare - for 2 reasons, firstly if my main machine decides to die, at least I have another. The 2nd reason is that with my job (pet minder/house sitter), I am constantly packing the thing up and setting it up again, and I don't think it's good for it. So will have one for home and one for work. Anyways, I am getting another from secondwind and want to know whether anyone has bought a secondhand one and how reliable is it? I don't know whether to buy new or 2nd hand. The problem being if it goes wrong - 2nd hand ones have 1 year warranty, new - 2 years so I have to ship it back to america. I'm a libran and really can't make decisions lolToo-funny So yep basically, anyone bought a 2nd hand one and how is it? The reason I'm buying from there....saving myself at least $1400!!!

Thanks in advance
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Buying Another Machine
Secondwind has an outstanding reputation and they are highly recommended. I purchased a "used" humidifier for my S8 that turned out to be brand new. You can't go wrong with them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Big_Dave - I think I'm gonna go 2nd hand, then I can also buy some accessories for it Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I've bought water tank, hoses, masks and mask cushions from Supplier #2 and # 10 ... both equally good and ship to Australia (some don,t)
machines slighter cheaper from Supplier #2
Paula bought recently used S9 AutoSet from Supplier #2 and can tell she is quite happy
you need to get a power plug adapter as the machine sold in US need plug adapter to fit into Australian wall plug
maybe you can use the same power brick if getting another S9

CPAP tax exempt under GST Act Schedule 3 and subsection 38-45(1) (Exemption Code B124)
http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page5350.asp#e938
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-26-2012, 02:13 AM)zonk Wrote: I've bought water tank, hoses, masks and mask cushions from Supplier #2 and # 10 ... both equally good and ship to Australia (some don,t)
machines slighter cheaper from Supplier #2
Paula bought recently used S9 AutoSet from Supplier #2 and can tell she is quite happy
you need to get a power plug adapter as the machine sold in US need plug adapter to fit into Australian wall plug
maybe you can use the same power brick if getting another S9

CPAP tax exempt under GST Act Schedule 3 and subsection 38-45(1) (Exemption Code B124)
http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page5350.asp#e938

Thanks Zonk, yeah I see on their website that they now do power adapters which are for multiple countries, incl Australia...so will get one of those. Thought about my brick for a while but decided that if for some reason it blows, my us version wouldn't work so would still need to get one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, I had a great experience with them. The machine was clean and had no smell.

I suggest getting another S9 Elite. There'd be no "how do I use this?" when away from home. That was comforting for me. I just took the humidifier off the Escape, put the Autoset on it, and that was that.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #2 has New Sealed ResMed AutoSets at a great price with H5i Humidifier! Would also be compatible with the same software as the Elite. Hope this helps!
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
When I first decided that I wanted a second machine as backup/travel, I got an Intellipap Auto from Supplier #1. Except I ended moving my M-Series Pro to the role of backup/travel...because it fits nicely in the camera bag that I keep it in (where I have yet to find a bag that holds the Intellipap Auto in the same level of convenience.) And, the Intellipap Auto is so much quieter making it good as my regular machine.

Plus I figured there would be the day that I would need an Auto. Which as it happened was about 6 months after I got it.

Which then raised the problem, of what to do when I travel....which happened last month....after some head scratching, I bought an M-Series Auto (w/APAP) from Supplier #2. Keeping the humidifier from my old M-series, etc. And, fitting nicely in to my existing travel bag, etc. Though its the noise is so annoying that it seems to kill the first night of sleep on the trip that I so look forward to. For some reason I sleep differently the first night in a hotel room...usually the good kind of different. Though the last few trips, I ran into travel issues that messed things up....arriving at hotel near midnight, restaurant closed and not having eaten anything all day...is annoying...last trip the flight delay was only 5.75 hours....needs to be more than 6 for my travel delay insurance to pay out ....

Thinking another Intellipap Auto might be something to look at....might help with the gaps in my data reports whenever I take a trip. Especially since I no longer have means to process the data from my M-series machines. (not feeling the desire to buy new software to work on something newer than XP -- or getting anything to replace XP...my Windows 7 computer died back in February.... been getting by with FreeBSD, though there are somethings lacking...so maybe a Mac is what I need....)

Of course, I'm worrying that there will be a day when AutoCPAP won't be enough....
You may be a dreamer, but I'm The Dreamer, the definite article you might say!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-26-2012, 11:39 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Yep, I had a great experience with them. The machine was clean and had no smell.

I suggest getting another S9 Elite. There'd be no "how do I use this?" when away from home. That was comforting for me. I just took the humidifier off the Escape, put the Autoset on it, and that was that.

Yeah I will get another elite because as much as I at one stage thought an auto would be good, I decided that they have got my pressure right now, so stick with what I know. Pretty much decided i will get a used one as my backup.

Thank you all for your replies.Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-26-2012, 06:07 PM)weeble Wrote: Yeah I will get another elite because as much as I at one stage thought an auto would be good, I decided that they have got my pressure right now, so stick with what I know. Pretty much decided i will get a used one as my backup.

Thank you all for your replies.Thanks
if money is not an issue would go with the AutoSet. two machines in one
it does everything as the Elite ... fixed pressure machine plus more
auto if or when needed ... more bang for the buck Too-funny

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 702 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,604 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,193 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Buying CPAP supplies online: who do you prefer? Hmm888 1 819 09-06-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Buying ASV online without a prescription books456 19 1,986 05-31-2023, 09:58 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
Question [Equipment] Buying Used ResMed "Floor Demo Model" - Limitations? tehsygi 11 1,084 05-29-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Quick Question - Worth Buying ASV If Tweaking CPAP Isn't Working? Apnea23 3 641 04-18-2023, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.