Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Buying Another Machine
RE: Buying Another Machine
I've bought several spare/upgrade machines from my local craigslist. I've had to watch for a few months before I found a machine and price I liked.

You'll find a lot of ridiculous prices from people who think they should get a large percentage of the DME fantasy ripoff price. Plus a few scoundrels. However, I've gotten a PRS1 Auto for $200 to $300 and an S9 AutoSet for $300. Some of them required me to drive a little.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
After several emails to Mark - I have bought a used Elite. Unfortunately, because my local cpap physicians do not believe or recommend Auto machines, it basically means that I cannot get a script for an auto and unfortunately for me, they are the only company I can use as I don't have private health insurance to go private, I would have preferred auto, but am going well on my elite, so all is good. Thank you all for your responses.
Post Reply Post Reply
me confused. did they ask you for a script?
any script is good to purchase any xpap ... looks to me they making a mountain out of a molehill
me would not recommend them any more ... thought they,re nice people

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2012, 06:54 PM)zonk Wrote: me confused. did they ask you for a script?
any script is good to purchase any xpap ... looks to me they making a mountain out of a molehill
me would not recommend them any more ... thought they,re nice people

They need a script so that they can set the pressure range. It says it in their faqs that for an auto machine you need a script. (and mark confirmed it) Unfortunately, my script, which they have says FIXED PRESSURE, and so I cannot get it. I didn't think it would make too much of a difference seeing as it was coming overseas, but I guess rules is rules!! I'm not too worried about it and they were extremely helpful. I will deal with them again. For the future though, I may spend some extra $'s and go to a private place for a study and get them to write a script for auto, because even though I will be out of pocket with the study, I will still be saving a bundle with the machine, so I could have the study and 2 machines for what it costs me for 1 machine here.
Post Reply Post Reply
The prescription rules, as well as the policies some suppliers have to cover their @$$es, or sometimes have just to be able to manipulate the situation, can be ridiculous. Why couldn't they have just set the Autoset to "CPAP", set the constant pressure and sold it to you? I don't know. Really good APAPs must be mainly constructed out of Class II narcotics or something...sorry, gotta go - I'm gonna go lick my Autoset!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like you got what YOU wanted, saved some money, and established a relationship with an American vendor who you like! You win!!!Congrats
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2012, 07:07 PM)weeble Wrote: They need a script so that they can set the pressure range.
this was news to me but read somewhere else that now they require prescription as up recently the prescription requirement was waived for Aus shipments. GP can write a prescription

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-29-2012, 03:05 PM)zonk Wrote:
(11-27-2012, 07:07 PM)weeble Wrote: They need a script so that they can set the pressure range.
this was news to me but read somewhere else that now they require prescription as up recently the prescription requirement was waived for Aus shipments. GP can write a prescription

Oh well, I have my elite - it's only as a spare but will certainly look into it more when I decide to buy a new one.
Post Reply Post Reply
I ordered an S8 power cord from cpap australia and they say that the S8 power cord can be used on the S9
will let you know when it arrives

Question & Answers for Product: S8 Power Cord Part # 33936
Q. Is the suitable to use on the S9 elite, bought mine second hand and the plug is USA so I need and adaptor but I saw this and was wondering if it would work?

A. Yes, the S9 is multi voltage.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-29-2012, 06:15 PM)zonk Wrote: I ordered an S8 power cord from cpap australia and they say that the S8 power cord can be used on the S9
will let you know when it arrives

That is correct! The cord does fit, I used one the first time I plugged-in my S9, I un-plugged my dead S8 from the back of the machine and plugged that cord directly into the S9 power brick since I didn't want to dig under the bed to get to the power strip it was plugged into.

I did switch over to the new S9 cord a few days later since the S8 cord was gray and the S9 cord is black and the color mis-match was really throwing-off my chi! I felt much better afterwards. [Image: dielaughing.gif]

Ren
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 694 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  [CPAP] buying a CPAP from the US for use in Australia. scottie199 103 32,523 02-22-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DB10
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,132 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Buying CPAP supplies online: who do you prefer? Hmm888 1 818 09-06-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Buying ASV online without a prescription books456 19 1,981 05-31-2023, 09:58 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
Question [Equipment] Buying Used ResMed "Floor Demo Model" - Limitations? tehsygi 11 1,083 05-29-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Quick Question - Worth Buying ASV If Tweaking CPAP Isn't Working? Apnea23 3 638 04-18-2023, 07:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.