Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Buying a different APAP as an alternate/backup/travel
RE: Buying a different APAP as an alternate/backup/travel
My insurance doesn't require compliance. So perhaps yours doesn't either.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave is from Alberta Canada. To my knowledge we don't play the DME game here. I don't believe our insurance companies require any compliance data either.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2018, 09:13 PM)Ron AKA Wrote: Dave is from Alberta Canada. To my knowledge we don't play the DME game here. I don't believe our insurance companies require any compliance data either.

I wasn't sure, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to put that out for consideration. I've been cut off by DME and insurance for a 30 day period on supplies. I will be compliant and supply deliveries will resume after I use my machine for 30 straight days and verified by the DME. Not a big deal to me, but it may be to others and if a person was on a rental machine, that could put a person's therapy in jeopardy and I would hate to hear or know that someone couldn't be on a CPAP therapy because some goofs (DME) cant figure out how to get data from 2 machines.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Jesse, they may have that system in Ontario Canada, or something similar. The system across Canada is all over the map. In Ontario they have some kind of system that regulates CPAP pricing and a ResMed A10 is in the range of $900. If you go into a sleep study shop in Alberta they are $2400, and it appears insurance companies pay that if you have insurance, but I am a little suspicious they get kickbacks somehow. And at the same time people in Alberta buy over the internet at the low prices in Alberta. As Dave says there is one used S9 on Kijiji where the guy wants $850 for a used machine, and you can buy a new A10 for essentially the same price. It's crazy!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2018, 09:43 PM)Ron AKA Wrote: Jesse, they may have that system in Ontario Canada, or something similar. The system across Canada is all over the map. In Ontario they have some kind of system that regulates CPAP pricing and a ResMed A10 is in the range of $900. If you go into a sleep study shop in Alberta they are $2400, and it appears insurance companies pay that if you have insurance, but I am a little suspicious they get kickbacks somehow. And at the same time people in Alberta buy over the internet at the low prices in Alberta. As Dave says there is one used S9 on Kijiji where the guy wants $850 for a used machine, and you can buy a new A10 for essentially the same price. It's crazy!

My AS10 Autoset package with a heated hose and a nasal mask was CAD$2500 with a 5 year warranty....replacement units every 5 years. $325 every 6 months for a replacement mask. Ouch!

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
I to am looking for a travel machine as I camp of the grid in my MH. So I want a 12VDC machine. I have a thread on here on recommendations for camping machine. I've seen a lot of info on Resmed S8 Elite II and people saying can find for about $50 sometimes. Seems like a good machine that will run off 12VDC. So my quest is to find one now. The only thing negative is I'm told the humidifier doesn't work on the 12VDC but will on 120VAC. I figure for the small price I can get along without the humidifier for several days. Check my thread out..
Good luck
Ron
Post Reply Post Reply
First off I am a newby.  Started APAP the second week of July.  I have just come home from an Alaskan cruise.  Left Montreal Aug. 12 and flew to Seattle via Vancouver with my new Resmed buddy in his bag over my shoulder.  No problems with airport security at all.  The unit weighs nothing.  The cruise line was notified and had a gallon of distilled water and an extension cord in my stateroom.  "WetOnes" were used to keep everything neat and tidy.  Fifteen day cruise then another 2 days in Vancouver then home.  Travelling with the Airsense 10 was a snap.  My wife never woke me up to complain about my snoring.  Anytime we were in port the unit would transmit my data to the mother ship and my phone App would report the days progress. I got sound restful sleep every night.  The size and weight of the machine was never a consideration or any bother!!  If you want to go smaller look into the new Resmed AirMini.  Small enough to fit into your pants pocket with a humidifier that requires NO water.  The hose size is smaller so you might need an adapter.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Travel ResMed recommendations PinehillJoe 10 199 04-17-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Is there a quiet travel CPAP? mcman56 1 89 04-15-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,227 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 154 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 124 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw
  APAP to VAuto not going well snapperzz 6 227 04-05-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 5 1,914 04-02-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: johnbrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.