Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] CPAP Guardian Disinfector
RE: CPAP Guardian Disinfector
Yes, well the general consensus seems that I should leave this device well enough alone. It's good to have that input when you don't know much about it. Thanks for everyone's contribution. A Beary good day to you all!
Post Reply Post Reply
The hospital uses the same germicide sold in small bottles on the various online vendors. The only thing they do different is take the machine apart to clean everything after the blower. This is typically done by the same maintenance person who cleans other medical pumps. A new tube is used for every patient but they do reuse masks. I do not know the process used for masks.

If you are using a used machine, it's not so easy to take apart unless you have the right tools. One of the suppliers on our suppliers list will do an inspection, pressure testing and brief clean for $40 plus shipping. They offer it as an annual service. For ordinary every day cleaning, you don't need extra machinery. If you have a pet fur or dusty home, change your filters more often and use brand name filters, not the generic filters.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2015, 11:25 AM)Mosquitobait Wrote: If you are using a used machine, it's not so easy to take apart unless you have the right tools.

Anything other than a phillips head and torx screwdrivers? I've taken apart both a PRS1 and a ResMed S9 machine. I found the PRS1 machine to be in dire need of cleaning even though I'm the original owner and kept it clean. It had a really bad odor and the entire airstream was lined with a thin film of dusty grease. The ResMed machine had no odor but was used, and it was clean. So unless there's a really bad odor, I don't see the need to clean the insides.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-06-2015, 07:57 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(07-05-2015, 11:25 AM)Mosquitobait Wrote: If you are using a used machine, it's not so easy to take apart unless you have the right tools.

Anything other than a phillips head and torx screwdrivers? I've taken apart both a PRS1 and a ResMed S9 machine. I found the PRS1 machine to be in dire need of cleaning even though I'm the original owner and kept it clean. It had a really bad odor and the entire airstream was lined with a thin film of dusty grease. The ResMed machine had no odor but was used, and it was clean. So unless there's a really bad odor, I don't see the need to clean the insides.

I don't think you need anything else, but if it is very dry, you also need one of those antistatic wrist thingies. I could not open my used S9. There was nothing for the torx screwdriver to grab on to (I wonder if they used different things depending on where/when it was made?). Anyway, I no longer have that unit, but will soon be in the market for another S9 for my Mom to try out. But, that is for a different thread.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.