[Equipment] CPAP Guardian Disinfector
SleepingBear Offline

Members

Machine: ResMed.............(S9 AutoSet)
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel (Eson)
Humidifier: ResMed..........(H5i with Heated Tubing)
CPAP Pressure: 5minRamp(8cm) AutoSet(12-20cm)
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: Started CPAP therapy May 2014 for severe OSA. EPR set on 2.

Sex: Male

RE: CPAP Guardian Disinfector
Yes, well the general consensus seems that I should leave this device well enough alone. It's good to have that input when you don't know much about it. Thanks for everyone's contribution. A Beary good day to you all!
07-05-2015 04:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Mosquitobait Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 For Her
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: integrated, Climate line tube
CPAP Pressure: 9-12
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: RLS and Bradycardia

Sex: Female

The hospital uses the same germicide sold in small bottles on the various online vendors. The only thing they do different is take the machine apart to clean everything after the blower. This is typically done by the same maintenance person who cleans other medical pumps. A new tube is used for every patient but they do reuse masks. I do not know the process used for masks.

If you are using a used machine, it's not so easy to take apart unless you have the right tools. One of the suppliers on our suppliers list will do an inspection, pressure testing and brief clean for $40 plus shipping. They offer it as an annual service. For ordinary every day cleaning, you don't need extra machinery. If you have a pet fur or dusty home, change your filters more often and use brand name filters, not the generic filters.
07-05-2015 11:25 AM
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

Sex: Male

(07-05-2015 11:25 AM)Mosquitobait Wrote:  If you are using a used machine, it's not so easy to take apart unless you have the right tools.

Anything other than a phillips head and torx screwdrivers? I've taken apart both a PRS1 and a ResMed S9 machine. I found the PRS1 machine to be in dire need of cleaning even though I'm the original owner and kept it clean. It had a really bad odor and the entire airstream was lined with a thin film of dusty grease. The ResMed machine had no odor but was used, and it was clean. So unless there's a really bad odor, I don't see the need to clean the insides.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
07-06-2015 07:57 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Mosquitobait Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 For Her
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: integrated, Climate line tube
CPAP Pressure: 9-12

Other Comments: RLS and Bradycardia

Sex: Female

(07-06-2015 07:57 PM)Sleepster Wrote:  
(07-05-2015 11:25 AM)Mosquitobait Wrote:  If you are using a used machine, it's not so easy to take apart unless you have the right tools.

Anything other than a phillips head and torx screwdrivers? I've taken apart both a PRS1 and a ResMed S9 machine. I found the PRS1 machine to be in dire need of cleaning even though I'm the original owner and kept it clean. It had a really bad odor and the entire airstream was lined with a thin film of dusty grease. The ResMed machine had no odor but was used, and it was clean. So unless there's a really bad odor, I don't see the need to clean the insides.

I don't think you need anything else, but if it is very dry, you also need one of those antistatic wrist thingies. I could not open my used S9. There was nothing for the torx screwdriver to grab on to (I wonder if they used different things depending on where/when it was made?). Anyway, I no longer have that unit, but will soon be in the market for another S9 for my Mom to try out. But, that is for a different thread.
07-06-2015 09:50 PM