Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] CPAP & ResMed 30 day policy
CPAP & ResMed 30 day policy
I have a general question concerning ResMed masks & its 30 day return/exchange policy (30 day return policy from the manufacturer). I needed to replace a older ResMed mask and purchased a different ResMed model at my local Apria location.. After trying it, I found the new mask was much noisier than the old model and I want to swap it for a different model since I just purchased it yesterday, Apria told me all purchases are final and cannot be returned unless there is a mfg. defect. With ResMed's  30 day return/exchange policy, I'm not sure what my next step would be. Since I "purchased" my new mask yesterday, Medicare will not pay for a "new " mask for another six months. Is this something I have to take up directly with ResMed or am I basically SOL for the next six months? 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP & ResMed 30 day policy
(04-04-2017, 06:38 PM)djfro Wrote: I have a general question concerning ResMed masks & its 30 day return/exchange policy (30 day return policy from the manufacturer). I needed to replace a older ResMed mask and purchased a different ResMed model at my local Apria location.. After trying it, I found the new mask was much noisier than the old model and I want to swap it for a different model since I just purchased it yesterday, Apria told me all purchases are final and cannot be returned unless there is a mfg. defect. With ResMed's  30 day return/exchange policy, I'm not sure what my next step would be. Since I "purchased" my new mask yesterday, Medicare will not pay for a "new " mask for another six months. Is this something I have to take up directly with ResMed or am I basically SOL for the next six months? 

The best practice is to request a mask fitting session and bring your pap machine with you and try on multiple masks under pressure and lying down.  Masks are very personal and MUST be tried on.

Tell them that you will not be ordering any equipment from them in the future unless they help you with this.  Use your buying power to try to leverage them into exchanging your mask.

Read the Mask Primer in my signature.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2017, 06:38 PM)djfro Wrote: I have a general question concerning ResMed masks & its 30 day return/exchange policy (30 day return policy from the manufacturer). I needed to replace a older ResMed mask and purchased a different ResMed model at my local Apria location.. After trying it, I found the new mask was much noisier than the old model and I want to swap it for a different model since I just purchased it yesterday, Apria told me all purchases are final and cannot be returned unless there is a mfg. defect. With ResMed's  30 day return/exchange policy, I'm not sure what my next step would be. Since I "purchased" my new mask yesterday, Medicare will not pay for a "new " mask for another six months. Is this something I have to take up directly with ResMed or am I basically SOL for the next six months? 

ResMed is pleased to announce another innovation in sleep medicine — the ResMed Mask
Guarantee Program. We are so confident our masks are the best in the world, we guarantee them.
If your patient discontinues use of any guaranteed ResMed mask in favor of another mask (even
a competitor’s) within the first 30 days of use, we will replace the ResMed product free of charge,
in accordance with the terms and conditions of this program.
• To use this program, each provider must successfully
complete the mask fitting workshop for every type
of qualified ResMed mask they offer. The program
may not apply to all masks.
• To request a replacement, or if you have questions
about the program, call Customer Service
at 1-800-424-0737, option 1, then press 1.
• Continue to order all of your masks and
accessories per your normal ordering method.
See back for complete list of terms and conditions.
• ResMed will replace the original ResMed product used by the patient. For example, if your patient discontinues use of their ResMed mask in favor of a non-ResMed mask, ResMed will replace only the ResMed mask; or, if your patient discontinues use of their ResMed nasal mask in favor of a ResMed full face mask, ResMed will replace only the original nasal mask.
Exception: If the Mirage™ SoftGel or Mirage Activa LT mask is dispensed, the customer can receive either a nasal mask system, SoftGel cushion or Activa LT cushion.
• ResMed will not replace the original mask
returned by the patient if the patient discontinues therapy.
• Fitting templates must be used in order
for a mask to be covered under the Mask Guarantee Program.
• ResMed will not replace a mask that was sized incorrectly. For instance, if the patient was given a size small but needs a large, that would not be covered under the program. The HME must order a large cushion for the mask to replace it.
• ResMed reserves the right to ask for the return of the original mask. If return is requested, contact ResMed Customer Service at 1-800-424-0737, option 1, then press 2 to obtain a return authorization number. Returns cannot be handled without a return authorization number.
• ResMed reserves the right to cancel
or modify this program at any time
without notice.
• Limit one replacement mask per customer, per patient.
• ResMed’s Mask Guarantee Program is only valid when patient setup occurs in person, whereby the patient is fit by a qualified staff member who has completed ResMed’s mask fitting workshop for the dispensed mask.
• ResMed’s Mask Guarantee Program is to
be used at the HME level and is not to be advertised or communicated to end user
patients in any way. This includes media advertising or verbal communication to
the patient.
• ResMed’s Mask Guarantee Program is not valid for products sold outside of the United States or Canada or for sales of masks over the internet.
Global
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2017, 07:45 PM)jtravel Wrote:

ResMed is pleased to announce another innovation in sleep medicine — the ResMed Mask
Guarantee Program. We are so confident our masks are the best in the world, we guarantee them.
If your patient discontinues use of any guaranteed ResMed mask in favor of another mask (even
a competitor’s) within the first 30 days of use, we will replace the ResMed product free of charge,
in accordance with the terms and conditions of this program.
• To use this program, each provider must successfully
complete the mask fitting workshop for every type
of qualified ResMed mask they offer. The program
may not apply to all masks.
• To request a replacement, or if you have questions
about the program, call Customer Service
at 1-800-424-0737, option 1, then press 1.
• Continue to order all of your masks and
accessories per your normal ordering method.
See back for complete list of terms and conditions.
• ResMed will replace the original ResMed product used by the patient. For example, if your patient discontinues use of their ResMed mask in favor of a non-ResMed mask, ResMed will replace only the ResMed mask; or, if your patient discontinues use of their ResMed nasal mask in favor of a ResMed full face mask, ResMed will replace only the original nasal mask.
Exception: If the Mirage™ SoftGel or Mirage Activa LT mask is dispensed, the customer can receive either a nasal mask system, SoftGel cushion or Activa LT cushion.
• ResMed will not replace the original mask
returned by the patient if the patient discontinues therapy.
• Fitting templates must be used in order
for a mask to be covered under the Mask Guarantee Program.
• ResMed will not replace a mask that was sized incorrectly. For instance, if the patient was given a size small but needs a large, that would not be covered under the program. The HME must order a large cushion for the mask to replace it.
• ResMed reserves the right to ask for the return of the original mask. If return is requested, contact ResMed Customer Service at 1-800-424-0737, option 1, then press 2 to obtain a return authorization number. Returns cannot be handled without a return authorization number.
• ResMed reserves the right to cancel
or modify this program at any time
without notice.
• Limit one replacement mask per customer, per patient.
• ResMed’s Mask Guarantee Program is only valid when patient setup occurs in person, whereby the patient is fit by a qualified staff member who has completed ResMed’s mask fitting workshop for the dispensed mask.
• ResMed’s Mask Guarantee Program is to
be used at the HME level and is not to be advertised or communicated to end user
patients in any way. This includes media advertising or verbal communication to
the patient.
• ResMed’s Mask Guarantee Program is not valid for products sold outside of the United States or Canada or for sales of masks over the internet.
Global

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure if Apria doesn't want the hassle of the return or what. I think I'll call ResMed direct to discuss this issue and see where it takes me. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow. That's a lot of fine print. Sure doesn't sound like a very patient-friendly policy.

I especially love the "1-per-customer... ever" line.

Oy.
Post Reply Post Reply
djfro, what is your share or co-pay for a mask? Is the mask you just received from Apria the P-10? Hard to imagine that mask being considered noisy.

As an alternate to using Apria, you might want to check whether Supplier #30 can fill your needs. They offer mask returns and will invoice insurance and Medicare. I have no idea why you would continue to use a supplier (apria) with such a poor service history.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2017, 08:34 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: djfro, what is your share or co-pay for a mask?  Is the mask you just received from Apria the P-10?  Hard to imagine that mask being considered noisy.

As an alternate to using Apria, you might want to check whether Supplier #30 can fill your needs.  They offer mask returns and will invoice insurance and Medicare.  I have no idea why you would continue to use a supplier (apria) with such a poor service history.
Actually, I agree with your assessment of Apria. My sleep doctor has used Apria in the past and, up until a year as so ago, things were running smoothly. I would call our local office to set an appointment, go in, and get everything handled with great customer service. Approximately 16-24 months ago, everything changed. From what I was told, the local offices turned into "service" centers and all phone contact had to be run through a centralized call center. I'm not sure where the main office/call center is located, but my first contact with them for re-ordering supplies was, to use an old military acronym, FUBAR.  I did actually have an AirFit P10 that was almost two years old and the headgear was shot. I actually looked to move to the Fisher & Paykel Brevida nasal pillow mask (Apria doesn't carry it yet) or the soon-to-be AirFit P20 (hopefully released soon). I asked Apria for something similar to the P10 but that was adjustable and had a 360 hose. They gave me the ResMed Swift FX and said it "also had a diffuser like the P10 and noise reduction should be similar". WRONG!!!! It's noisy and the diffuser blows right in my wife's face. But I didn't know these issues until I tried the mask, but since I tried it, the mask is not returnable per Apria. So until the new P20 is released or Apria gets the Brevida (after my 6 month mandated insurance wait), I'm here with my Swift FX. My only concern about moving from Apria is who would I then use for my machine future calibration/repair if needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2017, 08:34 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: djfro, what is your share or co-pay for a mask?  Is the mask you just received from Apria the P-10?  Hard to imagine that mask being considered noisy.

As an alternate to using Apria, you might want to check whether Supplier #30 can fill your needs.  They offer mask returns and will invoice insurance and Medicare.  I have no idea why you would continue to use a supplier (apria) with such a poor service history.

I was thinking he tried the swift FX pillow instead of sticking with the Newer P-10
The P-10 is quite and the best pillow mask I have used so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm very familiar with the Swift FX as I used it until the P10 became available, and before that I had the Swift LT. I would never consider going back. My wife does not appreciate that jet of air that blows out of the front of the FX and I found it disruptive and noisy, so I feel your pain.

The P10 complete system with 3 pillows are $70 on Amazon and a new headgear, including the for her option which is a bit smaller is $26-$27 on Prime. If you can afford either option, it might bridge you to your next mask. Sorry about your experience with Apria, but my best advise is just to move on to a supplier that better meets your needs. Might as well get setup now rather than waiting to your next qualification period.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You don't need anyone to calibrate your machine.

You can make pressure changes and any other changes on it.

And if it needs to be repaired, then go back to them and tell them it needs to be repaired.

Insurance is a pain. As I'm waiting out my requisite 3 months for a new mask, I've been ordering some on Amazon. I just ordered the P10 for under $50, and can't wait to try it! I figure by the time my 3 months is up, I'll have a better idea of which mask to request. :-)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 470 2 hours ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,791 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 230 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 759 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,453 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Medicare cpap 5 year replacement policy Sonno 4 575 09-11-2023, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Sonno
Question [CPAP] Resmed AS 11 CPAP Help DisgruntledNihilist 4 550 07-07-2023, 01:34 AM
Last Post: DisgruntledNihilist

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.