Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] CPAP and MyPillow
RE: CPAP and MyPillow
(11-06-2015, 12:23 PM)PaytonA Wrote: I used the My Pillow for several years. I liked it well enough. I like Serta's Scrunch Pillow even better however. It gives somewhat better performance and tends to remain cooler than the My Pillow. It tends to hold its shape better. It is, however, more expensive.

I use the Serta Scrunch also and found it less expensive than the My Pillow. Maybe it depends where you buy it. I like it a lot for all the reasons you mentioned.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2015, 10:34 PM)DMR1 Wrote:
(11-06-2015, 04:59 AM)49er Wrote: Hi DMR1,

As one who needs a new pillow, thank you for mentioning My Pillow. Why do you think this pillow contributes to you sleeping longer and better?

A review is definitely needed. Smile

49er

I can only guess as to why it might contribute to my sleeping longer and better, but I suspect that's because it holds its shape and there's no "sinkhole" like there used to be with other pillows. That being the case, it might keep my mask in place better than before and I avoid tossing and turning so much.

For those who might be interested in purchasing one, I strongly suggest doing a Google search which will enable you to see both positive and negative reviews, as well as the WIDELY varying prices and numerous discounts which are available. One thing I did notice was that many of the negative reviews were from a few years ago and it was suggested by some that the "formula" has changed since then. I've no idea whether or not that's true.

Thanks DMR1 for your response. I also want to thank everyone else too for their input on the My Pillow and other ones.

When I went to Amazon's site to look at the reviews for My Pillow, I also noticed one for Snuggle Pedic that looked impressive with a 90 day guarantee. It also seems the company will custom make a pillow with a specific firmness level for free if the customer is unhappy with that issue regarding the initial purchase. If I purchase a new pillow, I might go in this direction first.

49er

Post Reply Post Reply
The My Pillow comes in 4 or five different firmnesses or at least it did back when I bought mine. The firmness ends up being how tightly packed the pillow is with the stuffing.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
It may be a fine product, but if you Google it, you'll find lots of complaints. Like most "as advertised on TV" products, the hype often exceeds the reality, and some products with a "money back guarantee" are next to impossible to return and actually get a refund. Buyer beware. Getting one through Amazon would be the best bet.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can google almost anything and find as many complaints as their are satisfied people.

You just have to sort through all the hype and realize that their are people who will be unhappy no matter what they use.

I have personally used the My Pillow, and find it quite comfortable.

I am not recommending that anyone use this pillow or any other.

Just like your CPAP mask, you will either love it, or hate it. It's a personal preference.
Sleep-well
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is an old thread, and was wondering if people moved on to better pillows now in 2021?

I recently got a medium firm My Pillow and tried it out last night. It's very comfortable for side sleeping (better than other traditional pillows with the F20 mask), but my CA went up. I think the traditional pillow shape may cause my chin to lower when I'm on my back to increase CA.

Should I be looking for something that supports my neck and causes my think to stay up? Like perhaps a contour pillow?

Anybody had issue with positional apnea, did you find out what is going on while you are sleeping to cause positional apnea?
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.