Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] CPAP and MyPillow
CPAP and MyPillow
I'm a new member here and have been using my CPAP machine for about 3 months. After a time getting used to it and seeing very positive results I thought I'd try getting a "MyPillow" to go along with it. Using both has given me even more impressive results and to a large extent changed my life. I sleep better and longer, and the nicest thing about the MyPillow is that it keeps its shape rather than having a "sinkhole" in the middle of the pillow. I highly recommend it. It's not cheap (around $40-50) but it's guaranteed for 10 years, washable, and if you hate it they'll give you your money back. That's a deal that's hard to beat. I watched that company grow tremendously over the past 10 years, and I can see why.

As a disclaimer, I have nothing to do with the company other than the fact that I live in the same state where they're made and have their headquarters.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP and MyPillow
I keep thinking of trying the My Pillow... You are not the only person on this forum to mention it! Perhaps y'all should give it a review HereBig Grin
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DMR1,

As one who needs a new pillow, thank you for mentioning My Pillow. Why do you think this pillow contributes to you sleeping longer and better?

A review is definitely needed. Smile

49er
Post Reply Post Reply
Finding this thread this morning is a real coincidence DMR1. I am so happy that you are having success with it
I have to tell you that I work for a company that has a relationship My Pillow but we have nothing to do with the pillow itself. Now I can tell you all why I am so excited.
Last night I scored my first 100 on My Air. I know this is not really recognized by every body but it is my first in 28 days on CPAP. The best thing about it is that I had an AHI of 4.08. For me this is wonderful as my average for the 28 days is over 12.
This was achieved with the Swift FX nasal pillow (medium pillows) and, of course, my "My Pillow". I have not been using the My Pillow during my treatment as, on the first night it kept knocking my FFM off when I snuggled into the pillow. I have been missing the pillow so much that last night last night I decided to give it another try (it really is a comfortable pillow).
I have to say that I did suffer from some leaks at first but then I decided to try something new. Instead of sleeping along the long length of the pillow I turned it around so I was sleeping on the end. This is not normally the case but the pillow feels just as good. It feels no different at all, I may have just as well have been sleeping on the pillow normally. I could sleep with my head and body in their normal position on the bed but my mask would just hang over the end / side of the pillow as I snuggled into it. There was no affect on the seal and I had no more leaks.
It is so good to be able to use the My Pillow again and I really do recommend it to one and all.
It is probably common knowledge but I would advise everybody to try sleeping on the end of your pillow if you are experiencing leaks.
Sleep Well everybody,
DonC
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
Thomas A. Edison

Post Reply Post Reply
I was using the "My Pillow" before I was on CPAP and loved it. Then when I started therapy a year ago, I just couldn't seem to be able to use it with my mask.

So I purchased a couple different CPAP pillows.

Some were hard as rocks with cutouts for your mask, but way too hard too sleep on.

Finally, after about 6 months of trying different pillows and many $$$$ later, Crazy
I tried the My Pillow again.

This time I had no issues at all. I can sleep on my side or back and the pillow stays where I put it.

I think with me, it was a matter of getting used to CPAP first.

A pillow is like a mask, some will love a particular style and some will hate it.

Mabye, I will do a review since I've been using it for awhile now. Smile

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used the My Pillow for several years. I liked it well enough. I like Serta's Scrunch Pillow even better however. It gives somewhat better performance and tends to remain cooler than the My Pillow. It tends to hold its shape better. It is, however, more expensive.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DMR1,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It’s good to hear that you have done so well with your CPAP therapy and also with adding My Pillow to it.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
A pillow made for CPAP users should definitely be part of everyone's therapy. I had to get a new one when I started therapy. Must better results.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2015, 12:47 AM)DariaVader Wrote: I keep thinking of trying the My Pillow... You are not the only person on this forum to mention it! Perhaps y'all should give it a review

To be honest, I don't think I've used it long enough to give a thorough review. My motivation was to suggest it to people as an alternative to "regular" pillows, as it appears to be working for me. As they say, "Your results may vary."
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2015, 04:59 AM)49er Wrote: Hi DMR1,

As one who needs a new pillow, thank you for mentioning My Pillow. Why do you think this pillow contributes to you sleeping longer and better?

A review is definitely needed. Smile

49er

I can only guess as to why it might contribute to my sleeping longer and better, but I suspect that's because it holds its shape and there's no "sinkhole" like there used to be with other pillows. That being the case, it might keep my mask in place better than before and I avoid tossing and turning so much.

For those who might be interested in purchasing one, I strongly suggest doing a Google search which will enable you to see both positive and negative reviews, as well as the WIDELY varying prices and numerous discounts which are available. One thing I did notice was that many of the negative reviews were from a few years ago and it was suggested by some that the "formula" has changed since then. I've no idea whether or not that's true.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.