Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] CPAP circuit board testing with voltmeter? MAchine died and 4 month wait to be seen!
CPAP circuit board testing with voltmeter? MAchine died and 4 month wait to be seen!
So I have this older Rspironics REMstar Plus C-flex.  It finally gave up the ghost.  Control panel light started going on, then off, then back on, only staying on for a few seconds.  Now nothing - occassionally plugging it back in after a long sit it will fire for a few seconds but then go off again.  Obviously, WAY past time for a new one.  Problem is since its been >1yr I have to go in for another study.  Secondary problem is my old physician is gone and the Sleep Medicine department at a large local top healthcare facility here in Cincinnati cant see me for like 4 months! Really?  And third layer of problems is I am 3 months past an ablation for Afib.  Im cured we believe (Yay), but as many of you know OSA has a strong link to cardiac stress and Afib specifically.  So naturally they want me to maintain my CPAP compliance.  And I fully plan to.  But now that the machine died (I think it knew somehow) Im fighting to not have to wait 4 months - making alot of commotion with the physicians involved.  In the meantime, wondering if there are some basic methods to check the circuit board to see if its anything that (on a long shot) might be remedied until I can get into the Sleep Clinic.

Gotta love modern Healthcare.

Thanks fo any insights.

Note: I tested the power adapter and its supplying the 12V to the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP circuit board testing with voltmeter? MAchine died and 4 month wait to be seen!
Did you test the power supply under a load, or just test the voltage on the plug?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP circuit board testing with voltmeter? MAchine died and 4 month wait to be seen!
Thanks for the reply.  Just at plug, not under load.  Will look that up.  But I also have a second power adapter in another room and it didnt fire up the CPAP machine either.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 265,004 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
Ohmy Very Poor Quality of OSA Research and Almost Non-existent Specific CPAP Testing mdmarmd 1 155 04-13-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 244 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Using CPAP machine to perform Sleep test ivan007 3 172 04-02-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 261 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 206 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 422 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.