Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] CPAP cleaner recommendation
CPAP cleaner recommendation
My son lives ina dorm and finding it hard to keep his CPAP clean. Can anyone recommend a good cleaning machine? Are the cleaning machines safe? I can also do with recommendation on travel cleaner. I travel fair amount and cleaning CPAPs in hotel rooms is not easy. 

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP cleaner recommendation
I'd just use dish soap like Dawn and warm water. Soap and water is all that ResMed for example recommends. No special "cleaning" machine needed, and most CPAP users don't use or recommend.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just good ole hot water and some dish soap. I've been on CPAP therapy now for over 15 months. I've yet had to travel and take it with me though. 

I don't use distilled water. I use tap water and empty the water reservoir each & every morning and then wipe it dry with some tissue. 

The same can be done at any motel / hotel room. Tell your son to save his money and NOT buy a cleaning machine. The machines only sanitize, they don't actually clean.
Post Reply Post Reply
You still have to clean everything with soap (Dawn) and water. If you only use the sanitizing machines you will get sick. Sanitizing machines only kill the remaining bacteria that the soap and water may have missed. If the bacteria is covered with even a fine film that is not visible to the naked eye it will not be killed. It's an absolute must to clean your equipment before using any sanitizing machine, whether it's a SoClean or the Lumin!!!
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
You've been given good advice. Although the machines, at least one, have clean in their name, none of them clean. Save your money and use mild detergent.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you travel with a lot of hotels, their shampoo and soap work fine. If you bring your own, that will work as well. At home use my 3 in 1 body wash and on the road whatever is available. On the road just do the mask and clean out the hose when I get back.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The bit of research that I've done on these CPAP cleaners shows that by purchase of one of these CPAP cleaner devices the only thing really clean is your pocket.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Has anyone tried Clyn CZ001 CPAP cleaner? My friend said it with the activated carbon filters could help remove the ozone odor left after cleaning, and i am planning to buy one recently. Any recommendation?
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't. Ozone cleaners don't clean although they do sanitize previously cleaned surfaces. Resmed has warned against there use and stated that use of an ozone cleaner will void their warranty. Mild detergent and water are all you need.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Wait, you clean your stuff?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 189 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  VirtuClean CPAP Ozone Cleaner moondoggy 16 4,611 03-08-2024, 10:11 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] BiPAP Replacement Recommendation Prowler 1 281 01-28-2024, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Auto Titrating Machine Recommendation REM dominated OA BoxcarPete 21 1,392 11-20-2023, 03:40 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] LF Oral Surgeon recommendation in DMV area for MMA SleepWhenImDead 1 1,104 11-16-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: isabelle315
  Full Face Mask Recommendation? Dan8585 4 933 10-12-2023, 03:33 PM
Last Post: NightyTighty
  RECOMMENDATION REQUESTED - LIGHT THERAPY srlevine1 0 379 07-23-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.