Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] CPAP n00b - Question about factory reset on used S7Elite
CPAP n00b - Question about factory reset on used S7Elite
Hello Everyone!

I was recently diagnosed with sleep apnea and have received a prescription for CPAP. Due to a snafu with the clinic and insurance (blargh) and also due to the fact that I'm broke, there is a bit of a delay in getting my machine.

A friend of mine had a ResMed S7 Elite CPAP with the Humidiaire 2i humidifier option that he quit using a few years ago under the recommendation of his doctor so he decided to give it to me until I get my own. I was fortunate in the fact that all the equipment is in great condition and everything works.

My question is does anyone know how to factory reset the ResMed S7? I intend to use the ResScan software to log my nights (because I'm a geek and I love data and reporting) and want to start with a clean slate as opposed to potentially correlating data that was from the original user. I already know how to get to the clinician settings, and have already set my perscription.

Any advice for resetting the device (or cpap in general) are greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!

On a more personal sidenote: I've been plagued with lack of sleep for at least 8 years and can't remember the last time I've felt really rested. When I finally got diagnosed, I was startled by the results as it was made apparent that the reason why I was so exhausted was due to the fact that according to the sleep study, I only spent a total of 15 minutes in REM sleep in an 8 hour period. In that period, they recorded over 53 hypopxia(sp?) events, some of which caused me to come to full wakefulness. Tonight is my first night with the CPAP machine and I am beyond excited to finally get a good night's sleep!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP n00b - Question about factory reset on used S7Elite
Not sure we have the manuals necessary to help you as that is an OLD machine. Have you looked in the CPAP Setup Manuals that can be accessed by clicking on the link at the top of this page?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day firestorm_v1, welcome to the forum.

I suspect the reset is one of the options in the clinician's menu - it is on the current S9 series. You can obtain a copy of the clinician manual by email - go here for instructions: http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

A score of 53 AHI is severe apnea, getting up to the very severe category. It is quite debilitating. AHI is the apnea - hypopnea index, a measure of the average number of apneas (breathing cessation) and hypopneas (reduced breathing volume) per hour. So during your 8 hour sleep you stopped breathing over 400 times. That's why you felt tired!

I don't want to be a wet blanket, but very few people get instant results with CPAP. The lucky ones do, but for most of us it's a process which can take some time. The results do come, but I think realistic expectations will make the transition quicker and easier. Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello PollCat and Deep Breathing:

Thank you both for your responses, I managed to mess around in the clinician settings and found a factory reset option. I was more concerned about resetting and losing some authorization key or whatnot. (I'm too used to working with computer equipment where losing a license key could result in a non-operational unit, CPAP is a new venture for me) I took the plunge and hit RESET and it appears all the usage stats got reset except for the servicing information (I expected this to remain, kind of a "lifetime hours" counter).

Thank you for the link for the setup menu. I have sent the email for my manual and am awaiting a response. I'm sure this will be valuable, as I encountered a couple of settings I wasn't quite sure so I left them disabled (mostly related to RAMP settings?)

I by no means expect instant results but I welcome any improvement. I was advised by the clinic that it may take a while for my body to get used to breathing using the machine but as bad off as I am, I gladly welcome any improvement (no matter how slight) over my current status quo. Anything better than 15 mins of REM is a significant improvement.

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2014, 11:10 PM)firestorm_v1 Wrote: I intend to use the ResScan software to log my nights (because I'm a geek and I love data and reporting) and want to start with a clean slate as opposed to potentially correlating data that was from the original user.
You want to erase the data, run hours not reset when data is erased

Not sure of the data card or data card reader used in S7 machines

As for the new machine, check machines choices wiki
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-05-2014, 01:50 AM)zonk Wrote: Not sure of the data card or data card reader used in S7 machines

The S7 does not have a data card slot. Instead, it has a COM port that allows downloads to ResScan via a null modem cable. I was able to download the compliance data from my S7 AutoSet Respond, but it's a brick. The S7 Elite, however, collects limited efficacy data.

The S7 also has a proprietary port that looks like a VGA port, for connecting a ResLink data collection device. The ResLink device accepts an oddball data card, but the device is impossible to find, and is extraordinarily expensive if you do find one.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi firestorm_v1,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
CPAP therapy can take some getting used to but it sounds like you have a good attitude and that will go along way.
Hopefully, you can eventually get a newer machine because the technology has improved quite a bit since the machine you are using now, but at least, you are able to get started with your therapy.
Best of luck to you,and of course, feel free to ask as many questions as you need to help you to understand all things CPAP.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 960 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Equipment] Seeking advice for reset of time zone richapple 0 189 02-03-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: richapple
  New CPAP user Question mcast10 2 280 01-07-2024, 10:59 AM
Last Post: mcast10
  Was there a question about hackers accessing your CPAP machine. I am experiencing thi DBlake 2 486 12-24-2023, 08:31 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
Question [CPAP] Reset motor run hours after new motor djforrestidaho 9 760 12-06-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Any one know how reset the Resmed Airsense 10? hs8738 8 27,603 11-24-2023, 04:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Question about cpap/bipap prescription UARS tugboatxd 9 974 11-09-2023, 02:00 AM
Last Post: meatwagon42

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.