Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Getting the top off the humidifier water chamber!
Getting the top off the humidifier water chamber!

I have a really hard time getting the top off of the humidifier water chamber of my Respironics RemStar 560P.  The chamber slides out of the machine easily, but I'm always afraid I'm going to break it, having to force the lid off...and some days I can't get it off at all.  One end (the left side on the picture) has two little plastic ... well I'll call them hooks for lack of a better word... that the lid slips onto and the other end SHOULD just lift off.  With some resistance of course, in order to be waterproof.  But  I can't get it off.  I can pry one corner at a time up, so it's not stuck to the gasket, but getting it off?  No way!

As a result I wind up just pouring out what I can of the water and then am worried about using it even after refreshing it with vinegar water.

It's hard to describe.  I'm hoping someone else has one like it and can give me a clue!

Thanks!
MsPeg
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Getting the top off the humidifier water chamber!
Hi MsPegasus,
I use the same machine.

Look in the round hole on the lid...you will see a small plastic tab which you push in slightly. The lid then releases and you can lift off.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh my goodness! So EASY! And I've been trying to rip the poor thing's head off!

Thank you ever so much!
Post Reply Post Reply
No problem.  I wouldn't have known if my DME didn't show me.  
I think that was the only thing they showed me.   Too-funny
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll add a tip.  New users should read their instruction manuals!  I did, but think my DME showed me how to remove it.  Without knowing about that little tab it would be difficult to figure it out!   Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi MsPegasus,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 93 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 89 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,807 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 182 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 763 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.