Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Cpap after three years
Cpap after three years
I have been a Cpap user for going on three years. It has helped me especially in the past 2+ years with not feeling tired and run down during day light hours. However in the past six month I have been having a lot of trouble with my sleep and using the mask. I wake up frequently with a lot of moisture in my mask, so much so that it flows out the bottom. I previously slept at least 5 to 7 hours now I am lucky to get 3 to 4 with my mask on. The tired feelings and a lower mental alertness in the daytime seems to be returning. I have tried to switch masks and to no avail. I currently am using a Air Fit 10F full face mask.

Has anyone else experienced this after a couple of years of cpap ?

Thanks

Inlandchuck

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cpap after three years
Yes, it is quite common. Not the moisture bit, but the "need an adjustment" bit.

You use ResScan. What does the data say? What is your AHI? How does the flow data look? Is your machine a CPAP or autoPAP?

The moisture in the mask is almost always due to your breath. It could be you are breathing with your mouth open more, which causes the condensation. If you have always mouth-breathed at night, then it is just simple rain-out. A change in that is usually environmental. The air inside the mask is warmer than the air outside the mask so condensation forms. Just like on a coke can taken from the fridge. You can make the sleeping room warmer or put a cover over the mask's hose.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cpap after three years
(01-09-2016, 12:49 PM)inlandchuck Wrote: However in the past six month I have been having a lot of trouble with my sleep and using the mask.

You need to look at your data on your computer and see if there's something going on that may require an adjustment in your pressure. Your profile lists a Respironics machine but ResScan software. That software doesn't work with that machine. Have you tried SleepyHead software?

Quote:I wake up frequently with a lot of moisture in my mask, so much so that it flows out the bottom.

Try lowering the humidity level. I had to set mine on "3" to avoid rain out.

Quote:I previously slept at least 5 to 7 hours now I am lucky to get 3 to 4 with my mask on. The tired feelings and a lower mental alertness in the daytime seems to be returning.

Are you sleeping without the mask on? That would make you feel tired but it will also damage your cardiovascular system and lower your life expectancy.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 143 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 941 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 650 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 524 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Confused After A Few Years Sleeper396 2 281 02-18-2024, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Sleeper396
  5 years and never looked at the stats, need advice StephenB 5 339 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Sad [Pressure] Still feeling frustrated/confused after years... Mossify 12 1,060 01-22-2024, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Mossify

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.