Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie Intro
RE: Newbie Intro
The nature of your events call for a bit of increase in minimum pressure. Other than that, you seem to be doing pretty good. If you're comfortable with it just change minimum pressure to 9.0.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do remember thinking I could use more pressure last night when I was all set to get into bed...even wondered if the machine was maybe acting up. I'll turn up the min pressure to 9 tonight. Maybe my lungs are getting a little stretched out or I'm getting accustomed to the pressure.

I was a little more tired than normal but not as tired as my pre-cpap morning so not too overly concerned. I didn't have a headache nor a sore throat.

Besides not being as tired as before I think the greatest benefit is I don't keep my wife up with the snoring...she said she hasn't been woken up even once this week....huge score!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, that's a big benefit. I was about to be banned to a separate bedroom back when I began this. Now we both use the machines.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's great, SleepRider! My wife has noticed such a difference in me she's going to check with the insurance and see if they'll let her get an in-home sleep test kit. My dentist said they can give us one but it $100. My sleep test at the hospital was covered but it was a horrible experience she doesn't want to do. (I was told my insurance wouldn't pay for a CPAP unless I did a sleep study at the hospital.)

Going up to 9 last night was a good tip.....my AHI went down to 1.4, the lowest yet. So I've gone from 4.0 on Monday to 9.0 on Friday....at this rate I'm going to need a much more powerful machine in a month! My average pressure is 9.4

I noticed my machine has a modem....does that mean it sends my info to my machine provider? I wasn't impressed with them...they didn't even size a mask on me...just have me the two I asked for and they both have large/medium in the bags....I've had zero communications with them since I got the machine Monday...not even a "How's it going and do you have any questions?" I would be struggling if it wasn't for friends with a machine and this forum.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine is capable of transmitting data to your DME if they track your compliance for insurance purposes. Your machine has plenty of capacity for pressure but it’s problem is the auto pressure algorithm is just not as good as the Resmed because it fails to prevent events unless the minimum pressure is optimized similar to a fixed CPAP. If your wife ends up needing CPAP do her a favor and get the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. The comfort and effectiveness is just a different level.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I completely agree with sleeprider, I owned the Dreamstation biauto for 5 year and NEVER got my numbers down like the ResMed VAUTO. IF possible get it.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
This website is so helpful! I'm going on 10-months with the Philips and have learned a lot.

I have three herniated disks and have always been a side sleeper but the back pain was getting so severe it would wake me up in the middle of the night. My doctor suggested I try sleeping on my back with my legs elevated. After forcing myself to do it, I now love it and my back pain has gone from around a 9 to 1 or 2. (It will flare up if I do too much yardwork or car work or snow shoveling). Placing two pillows on my side and resting my arms on them helps to prevent me rolling around plus supports my shoulder will can ache from hanging down.

A question for you all....my Philips keeps saying I need to remove and reinsert my SSD chip but it doesn't seem to fix the error....should I put it in a computer to reformat it or do I need to buy a new one? Could it be full after 10 months of use?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have a deductible it may be cheaper just to pay out of pocket for a ResMed autoset for her. Supplier #2 has good prices and great prices for slightly used cpaps. I purchased 2 from them used one with 1 month and the other with 1 week. Great machines and a great company. They are listed at the top of the site.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 104 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 184 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 163 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 488 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 185 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 276 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 258 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.