Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] CPap Machine Less Air than Usual
CPap Machine Less Air than Usual
Last night, my CPap seemed to be blowing a lot less air than usual. I had that happen a few time before, but when I took it in to the DME it ran fine. I tried everything I could think of, and noticed it seem to run a bit better when I removed the filter. Do you think the machine could be plugged? I have to admit, I forget to change that filter very often.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPap Machine Less Air than Usual
With the information you currently have available to you, you have answered your own question. Change the filter and see if that makes a difference. 

But in order to tell if the machine is at fault, you need to download sleepyhead. The data from that will tell the actual pressure delivered to the mask. Also this will give you some ammunition to give to the DME in the event the machine is at fault. Especially if the problem is intermittent.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2017, 07:42 AM)AlliesNana Wrote: Last night, my CPap seemed to be blowing a lot less air than usual. I had that happen a few time before, but when I took it in to the DME it ran fine. I tried everything I could think of, and noticed it seem to run a bit better when I removed the filter. Do you think the machine could be plugged? I have to admit, I forget to change that filter very often.

Hi AlliesNana, Welcome to the forum.

Which ResMed machine do you have?  Is it the newer Airsense 10.  Is it under warranty?

Yes, I agree it's very important to change the filter, depending on your environment.  
If you have animals that shed or a lot of dust, change it monthly.  

Download the free #SleepyHead software, then follow the tutorials in my signature line to upload a screenshot of your data here.  As stated above, we can tell by the graphs if something is amiss.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is this something you copy to the memory card in the machine, or how do you get the machine to use it?
Post Reply Post Reply
You install sleepyhead on your personal computer. Using a card reader, which most PCs have built in, you remove the SD card from the PAP machine and read it with Sleepyhead. Sleepyhead will give you graphic and statistical representations of the data collected by the machine's SD card.

See opalrose's link and the links in her signature for more information on sleepyhead.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
And a quick way to check the filter is to take it out, move away from the CPAP machine, and flick the filter a few times. If you get a big billow of dust, the filter may be plugged up and need a swap.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi AlliesNana,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, I'm going to try this again. I was having no luck with uploading the CSV file or screenshots, and then got a message that I have to post four times before I can post links. I went on a couple of other threads and posted and now will try the link again. There wasn't much information available (apparently my machine doesn't support that much) and the dates look wonky. Thank you for your help.

http://imgur.com/a/kAhZ6
Post Reply Post Reply
Initial thought is that Sleepyhead does not support the Rem Star Plus that is indicated in the report and might be the reason you can't see any of the data. I will defer to the more experienced members to chime in.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 82 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 296 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 619 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 197 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,720 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  New to CPAP- Need advice on purchasing a machine JuanSiesta 4 364 02-14-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: JuanSiesta
  [CPAP] Newby not sure if CPAP is the right machine for me tcinoz 24 1,284 02-13-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: tcinoz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.