Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Camping for 7 days - AirCurve 10 ASV - battery power?
RE: Camping for 7 days - AirCurve 10 ASV - battery power?
(05-27-2016, 04:40 AM)Asjb Wrote: His advice to conserve power was (as JustMongo suggested) to stop using the humidifier (you need to replace it of course with the block-off end-piece that came with the machine).

This does not make sense to me. I can understand why you wouldn't want to use a heated humidifier to conserve battery capacity, but why use an end-cap and remove the humidifier when you can simply blow air over the filled container? It will not be warmed, but it might provide a measure of relief.

On the A10, if you set your humidifier to "off" and your Climate Cntl to "manual" and your Tube Temp to "off" and your Humidity Level to "Off" -- why can't you simply blow air over the humidifier?

Or does that greatly increase the power requirement to blow the air over the humidifier chamber?
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Camping for 7 days - AirCurve 10 ASV - battery power?
(05-26-2016, 04:43 PM)justMongo Wrote: Or, you could hook up a Car alternator to a stationary bike and have the scouts charge the battery... Grin

Now that is the best idea I've heard yet!

(08-02-2016, 01:25 AM)srlevine1 Wrote:
(05-27-2016, 04:40 AM)Asjb Wrote: His advice to conserve power was (as JustMongo suggested) to stop using the humidifier (you need to replace it of course with the block-off end-piece that came with the machine).

This does not make sense to me. I can understand why you wouldn't want to use a heated humidifier to conserve battery capacity, but why use an end-cap and remove the humidifier when you can simply blow air over the filled container? It will not be warmed, but it might provide a measure of relief.

On the A10, if you set your humidifier to "off" and your Climate Cntl to "manual" and your Tube Temp to "off" and your Humidity Level to "Off" -- why can't you simply blow air over the humidifier?

Or does that greatly increase the power requirement to blow the air over the humidifier chamber?

You're on target. Leave it attached and filled, but powered off. No significant additional energy used.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 128 1 hour ago
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,110 Yesterday, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 67 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,700 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 203 8,291 03-17-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 13 279 03-12-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,235 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.