Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Can I get a machine before my sleep study?
Can I get a machine before my sleep study?
They are putting me off for a month to get my study done. I would like to get some sleep!
I know you usually need a prescription but is there a way to find something in the meantime?

New here so help me get things right if I go off track.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can I get a machine before my sleep study?
Try Amazon or Craigslist.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
        Yes, there is a Resmed Airsense 10 nearby, but don't know how to sanitize it. Is it worth 375$ ?  
Ad says only used a few hours.
Post Reply Post Reply
The flow generator does not need sanitized except for a wipe on the outer case. Get a new hose filter and mask. Clean the humidifier tray and you're done.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok thanks, I'll do some reading here before I jump into it.
Just wonder about the value, it seems recommended.
How do I tell if its an old model(outdated)?
Post Reply Post Reply
You don't want the machine in the picture. It's a CPAP fixed pressures only. What you want is a Autoset. They will adjust the pressures as needed, something a fixed pressure machine can't do.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can I giT'S WORSE THAN Wet a machine before my sleep study?
iT'S worse than what Walla Walla says, It's a BRICK.  DO NOT GET THOSE MACHINES!!!!

• ResMed AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ (37015, 37203) (Lack of full data capability)
Post Reply Post Reply
Ask your Doctor if he can Auto-Titrate you with a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet with Heated Hose and can he expedite you getting the machine!
That is one way to completely skip that month plus wait. 

Read the links in my signature.
Especially
  • New to Apnea A what to expect and a bunch of important articles about Apnea, including the 2 below.
  • Dealing with the DME They are typically who you will get your machine from, it isn't always easy
  • Mask Primer Masks tend to be a hard part of treatment because they are so personal.  Your facial structure is different than any of us.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you! I was concerned about the "brick" aspect.  I won't buy it.  Still reading the site, thank you again!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good catch Walla. I did not look at the images.

The Autoset i what you want, and avoid the CPAP no matter what. Any used machine has a non-resettable hour meter. Get the manual to know how to access it, but it is in the clinical menu "About" and it's called "run hours".
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 161 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,294 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,367 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 358 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Do I not need a CPAP anymore? In-Lab Study Results brehski 6 210 04-03-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 68 6,263 04-02-2024, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ArcherNeedsSleep
  Xyrem - is machine disturbing my sleep? DebJ 9 270 04-02-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.