Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Can I get a machine before my sleep study?
RE: Can I get a machine before my sleep study?
(02-23-2018, 09:06 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: ... Any used machine has a non-resettable hour meter. Get the manual to know how to access it, but it is in the clinical menu "About" and it's called "run hours".

This is important because some sellers will try to sell a used machine, passing it off as new. (even insurance-approved DME's)
Post Reply Post Reply
You can get a brand new Autoset A10 off of Amazon for arround $550 all depends what your deductibles are
Post Reply Post Reply
Wait for the sleep study; it might save you sleep in the long run. IMO, it’s helpful to have a benchmark that you can refer to later, and you may have aspects to your situation that aren’t obvious if you’ve never been tested, e.g. your oxygen levels or central apneas.

You could call every day and see if they have a cancellation or you could badger your sleep center for the take-home test.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good to know, thanks you guys.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi dguzzi,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you get started on your CPAP journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
A lot of second hand sellers don't know what "run hours" are and show pictures of the latest therapy session at zero. Sometimes you have to walk them through the steps to get to run hours in the clinician's menu and the actual run hours can be surprisingly high.

Smoking vs. Non-smoking is important to ask. 

The second 2 digits of the SN on the back show year of manufacture.  The first 2 digits of the SN reference location of manufacture.

Know the model # you need and exactly what it looks like.  The Airsense10 has "autoset" in a box under ""Airsense10".  You can use vendor websites for images. 

Maybe wait to for a sleep study and a mask fitting.  Maybe you need a Vpap or Bipap bilevel machine.  

I didn't wait, and got right into the business of finding a mask I could handle and dealing with mouth leaks, and wing dialed a moderate fixed pressure to start with.  Nasal pillows and mouth taping quickly became my future. 

Maybe  pay $150 to $250 for a used Airsense10 Autoset with very few run hours and from a nonsmoking environment with a heated hose and maybe some unused masks to play with.  

Price depends on supply and demand.  

Maybe $350 for an unused new in box Airsense10 Autoset.

Always keep a back up machine!  Always.  

Your journey begins.....best of luck to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you klv, those are great points.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 89 1,630 04-23-2024, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 2 114 04-23-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Just had a sleep study - Central Sleep Apnea with Cheyne Stokes srpmccarthy 3 205 04-23-2024, 11:10 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Diagnosis] Got sleep study results and I am quite fustrated ewarner64 10 279 04-22-2024, 01:16 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 204 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 265,231 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 414 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.