Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Can I use my UK Elite power connector and plug with the American For Her machine?
Can I use my UK Elite power connector and plug with the American For Her machine?
Hey guys

Instead of using the american imported 'For Her Resmed' with an adapter can I use the power connector of my UK Resmed Elite with it?

If so, then I would be able to use it immediately and try to understand how to upgrade my therapy from CPAP to APAP.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can I use my UK Elite power connector and plug with the American For Her machine?
Simple answer - yes. AFAIK all the Resmed power packs are rated for 110 - 230v input and 24v output so you should be able to mix & match.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can I use my UK Elite power connector and plug with the American For Her machine?
Thats great DB,

Thanks for your input (pun intended).

Was thinking as I was vacuuming my floor (can now multi-task with return of brain) that it should be the case as an adapter at plug is just to allow the same power from the UK to come into the machine but then thought perhaps the transformer changes the voltage perhaps?

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
An update.

The Air Sense Elite body is made in Australia, the 90W AC adapter is made in China

The Air Sense For Her is made in Singapore, the 90W AC adapter is also made in China

Both are manufactured by Resmed Ltd in NSW, Australia, distributed by Resmed Corp in San Diego and also Resmed UK in Oxfordshire.

A truly international multinational corporation. Only question is why are the prices so different all the world?

Post Reply Post Reply
And the 90V AC adapter gives a range of AC input from 100-240V and 50-60Hz. In essence a range that fits most of the electricity in the world.

Now if I visit family in America, I will not have to buy a plug adapter!

Post Reply Post Reply
You can also just pull the plug cable from the brick and use that on your new airsense if there is any differences in the power bricks
Post Reply Post Reply
There is no difference at all. And it appears that the range of voltages and hertz is the same to accommodate most electricity supplies round the world.

Post Reply Post Reply
They are Chopper power supplies so will work well on anything from 100Vac to 260Vac 60Htz and 50Htz.
So the answer would be yes, it will work.  The power supplies were designed to work over these voltages.

Same as most laptop power supplies, they are the same and will work from 110Vac to 240Vac without problems.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2017, 12:40 PM)Apnea Infant Wrote: Only question is why are the prices so different all the world?

Governments are involved in the pricing schemes for medical services and devices.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
So did you use your new auto set ? How did it go ?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,790 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 95 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 100 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 229 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 229 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,414 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  AirSense 10. Power cable broke on air tube connecting ring. Ruhtra 1 405 11-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.