Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Can cpap hose/tube be heat disinfected
Can cpap hose/tube be heat disinfected
I'm interested in hot water disinfection on tube/mask/frame.  I know that mask and frame can be hot water disinfected based on the documents from phillips.  What i can't find is information regarding the cpap tube being able to be heat disinfected.  I'm looking at doing 75c/167F hot water disinfection.  Does anyone here know if the hose/tube handle that and how many times can it be done?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can cpap hose/tube be heat disinfected
I don't know for sure but I don't think these parts would handle the heat. I guess I'm missing the point, but why is high heat cleaning necessary?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Perhaps the OP is trying to avoid or minimize using any cleaner/soap and rely on the water temperature alone to sanitize the equipment. Imho, if that's the case, you would need to get the water even hotter than 167 for optimal results. However, with a safe, mild soap, you are much better off with a temp in the 110 to 120 range.
Post Reply Post Reply
The case here is similar to someone with Cystic Fibrosis and the associated lung issues.  e.g. Chronic lung infection.  Lung clearing is done multiple times a day and that equipment is boiled or heat disinfected.  The phillips dreamwear frame and mask can be heat disinfected (there's a table in the docs for how hot and how long).  To be as careful as possible would like to heat disinfect the cpap tubing daily.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry to hear. I would suggest either talking to the specific Mfr or doing some trials. The basic non-heated tubes cost just about nothing, so if it stands up, great. I'd be more concerned about the more costly heated tubes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on experience from trying to dry out a mask in the microwave, many masks are made with low temp plastic. I think a liquid disinfectant, like the wine and beer brewers use, would be better than maybe being able to show off a big a glob of plastic that was your hose. Smile
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you take out the Tube Outlet Connector in the Airsense 11 to clean? dharma2255 7 187 04-16-2024, 10:03 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,658 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 283 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 160 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 165 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
Question Hose volume Willw 4 286 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 565 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.