Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Cant figure out the Ramp Button?
RE: Cant figure out the Ramp Button?
(05-19-2014, 11:08 AM)jaycee Wrote: You set your ramp time BEFORE turning the air on. If you have your ramp time set, when you turn your machine on it will start at the ramp starting pressure. On the bottom of your screen you would see a little ramp symbol and then a small number which shows what your pressure is starting off at.

You only have to hit the start/stop button once to turn everything on. Once you get your ramp time (the time it takes to get from the lower starting pressure up the higher pressure ordered by the doctor) and your humidity level (whatever you feel comfortable with)where you want them, you only have to hit your start/stop to operate your machine.

Thank you. So that is correct then. I Was doing it correctly after all.

Oh so i don't have to do this EVERY time......LOL......../kicks herself

I've been setting it every night so glad to hear it retains the settings from one night to the next.

Sorry but I sit with 3 MacBooks in front of me, i PC/Windows, 1 iPad and 1 Samsung Galaxy G4 smart phone and can run each one easily and build them if need but but i consider this machine, poorly devised at least in the set up and the manual that comes with it I don't consider that much better.
Granted I rarely read manuals and just figure out how something works but for myself, i think they could have done a better job on this ;-)

Anyhow good to know I no longer need to do this every night.
Thanks for the heads up on that!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
One more thing Shelagh. Just Remember-When all else fails.....READ the directions :>) Oh no, not that!!

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Directions? We don't need no stupid directions.

Directions - that document you read to find out what you did wrong.

All joking aside, you would be amazed at all the fun stuff they put in the manual. I flew airplanes for Uncle Sam for 20 years and was always in the books. And yes, I am one of those guys that has read their car's owners guide from cover to cover. Big Grin

Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:I flew airplanes for Uncle Sam for 20 years and was always in the books. And yes, I am one of those guys that has read their car's owners guide from cover to cover

Better you were the pilot than I for I would have just gone into a forum and asked how to fly the damn thing ;-)

PS: Father was British Royal Navy Fleet Air Arms ( career fighter pilot flying off and onto airline carriers)

Funny how it DOES NOT run in the family......Im not overly fond of flying but the thought of having to fly an actual plane is beyond anything I could ever imagine doing and yet my brother had boxes of photos that my dad had as he had a camera on his dashboard I g uses you call it?
HE and several others would all fly in formation and do...well, not sure of the terminology but acrobatics in the air I always think of it.........I on the other hand would have thrown up at the mere thought of turning upside down. So I hand it to you for having been able to fly a plane...

Anyhow, I did read the manual on this machine but to be honest i considered it poorly written.
I never saw anything in it about doing that before you pressed the on button, hence I thought something might be wrong with the button on the machine........
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: "REPLY with Quote" button - Don't use it if you don't have to SuperSleeper 3 13,156 Yesterday, 08:26 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] Can Anyone Help me figure out what this is? jmperez1013 1 160 03-11-2024, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Sudden onset of desats - can't figure out why MCS2014 7 331 02-26-2024, 08:25 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Dreamstation 2 ramp time Sir Snoresalot 4 400 01-08-2024, 08:35 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Help me figure out what I have? neopeius 0 258 09-19-2023, 02:56 PM
Last Post: neopeius
  Question re ramp up/starting pressure airsense 11 rebean 3 600 07-17-2023, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Melman
  [Equipment] Help me figure out Resmed P10 problem rebean 4 540 06-25-2023, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.