Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Car camping for two CPAP users
RE: Car camping for two CPAP users
(07-31-2015, 02:30 AM)prime8 Wrote: Alright, so I actually have a Cobra brand 400 watt power inverter already. That means I only need to get a deep cycle battery, right?

Assuming your machine likes the inverter, all you would need is a battery and battery box and charger.
Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome! Now to figure out where in Seattle I can buy these things. Thanks for your help, everyone!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-31-2015, 12:16 PM)prime8 Wrote: Awesome! Now to figure out where in Seattle I can buy these things. Thanks for your help, everyone!

The wiki article lists a couple of places, and I'm pretty sure they have locations in Seattle.

Be sure to get the battery box. You don't want anything metal hitting the terminals.

Also, you can leave it in your car and just run an extension cord to the tent.
Post Reply Post Reply
We hit up a Wal-Mart on the way, and I was able to grab a trickle charger and deep cycle marine battery for around $100, hooray! We each had 15 hours of sleep for two nights, and our CPAPs stayed on the whole time. Thank you so much for your guidance! I'm stoked to know that tent camping is totally doable from now on. We used to only try to book yurts or cabins before, which is fine for comfort, but I love sleeping in a tent.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2015, 05:15 PM)prime8 Wrote: We hit up a Wal-Mart on the way, and I was able to grab a trickle charger and deep cycle marine battery for around $100, hooray! We each had 15 hours of sleep for two nights, and our CPAPs stayed on the whole time. Thank you so much for your guidance! I'm stoked to know that tent camping is totally doable from now on. We used to only try to book yurts or cabins before, which is fine for comfort, but I love sleeping in a tent.

Glad to help!

My wife and I got quite a bit of ribbing from some of the people were were camping with, but in the morning, we were almost the only people who didn't look like the Walking Dead.

Post Reply Post Reply
prime8,
Very glad to hear it worked for you. Thanks for reporting back.
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,326 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 628 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  [CPAP] Breas Z2 users? acctingman 18 3,160 10-30-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: MontezumasViper
  Any Resmed AirSense 10 users near Bend OR? I’m traveling and need help. Mbranning 4 557 10-24-2023, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Mbranning
  Camping with CPAP - any tips? SuperSleeper 43 7,631 10-16-2023, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Hintertux
  New to CPAP - on week 4 of 6 week trial - Any Sefam S.Box users out there? Kingsway 14 1,719 07-26-2023, 02:59 PM
Last Post: dbcpap
  WARNING to CPAP Users: PREPARE for the Unexpected - When the power goes out SuperSleeper 231 120,283 07-21-2023, 05:07 AM
Last Post: baffled

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.