Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Changing a ResMed N30i Into A P30i
RE: Changing a ResMed N30i Into A P30i
(11-18-2019, 10:46 PM)hamiltonrrwatch Wrote: I used a ResMed Mirage Swift II for several years before switching to a P30i. Two nights ago, I started using an N30i cushion and have not looked back. Very happy with the comfort and convenience of essentially having two masks. My only nit is one that several forums have documented; the hard plastic "frame" that supports the cushion/pillows, is sometimes irritating to my upper lip.

Next go-round, I'm looking at the Respironics DreamWear. Does anyone have experience using both?

Hi!
I had the DreamWear 3 times. I liked it because it was comfortable. However, I found the frame moved around (maybe because of my bald spot!)
I kept it that long by modifying the headgear. I took the velcro strap from the first mask and added it to my second mask. That seemed to help prevent leakage.
I quit using this mask due to irritation that became a bump on my nostril. That got more serious; I had it surgically removed. Not fun. I blamed it on the mask; maybe that's not fair.
I went on to a ResMed N20. I've had 3 of those so far. That's about 1-1/2 years of accumulated use. Observation: this mask dosn't last as long as I like. 6 months is stretching it. (No pun intended. But it does apply! The headgear grows, or stretches.)
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Captainsteubing I complete agree! My F20 and F30 are definitely put aside unless I have a bad cold then I’ll probably use the F20. By the way if your pillows seam a bit stiff or painful soak them in hot soapy water for about 45 mins and your problem will be solved. It worked great for me. I had a burning sensation on my nostrils and after I soaked them I don’t even know they are on when I wake up anymore. Best mask I’ve tried so far. Medium cushions btw with hardly any leaks. Small and large won’t seal properly
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2019, 10:46 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Coffee
Now if mask innovation makes them invisible, form fitting, as light as air, and wireless er hoseless, then we're talking!

Indeed, oh what a joyous day that would be! One day, one day!

(11-19-2019, 12:19 PM)Osiris357 Wrote: By the way if your pillows seam a bit stiff or painful soak them in hot soapy water for about 45 mins and your problem will be solved. 

Thanks for this suggestion!
Captain Steubing
The Original Captain of "The Love Boat"
Purveyor of presto magic, love and chaos!
My Personal Blog
Post Reply Post Reply
My pleasure
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 399 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 263 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 255 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 342 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 274 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,534 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.