Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Changing a ResMed N30i Into A P30i
Changing a ResMed N30i Into A P30i
In case any ResMed N30i user was interested, you can change it into the P30i by simply swapping cushions as I've just done. This effectively gives you a 2 in 1 mask where you can easily switch from nasal to pillows and vise versa. My most recent supply box came with P30i Large pillows per my request. It did come with a new but separate pillows P30i frame, which appears identical to my current N30i frame.

Here's an image of my N30i frame & headgear with Medium N cushion
[attachment=17201]

Same frame & headgear as above but with P30i Large pillows cushion in place
[attachment=17202]

P30i Large plastic package bag label
[attachment=17203]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Changing a ResMed N30i Into A P30i
Indeed, it's a great system. I switch back and forth between the N30i and the P30i pillows depending on how annoying the current pillows are at the time.
Captain Steubing
The Original Captain of "The Love Boat"
Purveyor of presto magic, love and chaos!
My Personal Blog
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2019, 07:22 PM)captainsteubing Wrote: Indeed, it's a great system. I switch back and forth between the N30i and the P30i pillows depending on how annoying the current pillows are at the time.

Could you comment on what factors have you choose one over the other? Which do you prefer? Whatever etc. comment is also welcomed.

Note that I just got my supplies today and therefore have not used my P30i conversion yet.

Thanks
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used a ResMed Mirage Swift II for several years before switching to a P30i. Two nights ago, I started using an N30i cushion and have not looked back. Very happy with the comfort and convenience of essentially having two masks. My only nit is one that several forums have documented; the hard plastic "frame" that supports the cushion/pillows, is sometimes irritating to my upper lip.

Next go-round, I'm looking at the Respironics DreamWear. Does anyone have experience using both?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, both sets of headgear are exactly the same. When the P30i came out all I had to do was order the nasal pillows.

The P30i is my preferred option, it works that little bit better than the N30i cushions. However, I occasionally get some irritation on my nose and it's at that stage I switch to the cushions for a few nights to let the area get back to normal.

I've got two sets of x30i headgear and one is with my travel machine which I took away with me last weekend. The only downside is that it doesn't have P30i pillows which is something I need to rectify. The best mask I have ever used.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not to forget that the P30i is significantly quieter the the N30i.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-18-2019, 08:07 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Could you comment on what factors have you choose one over the other? Which do you prefer? Whatever etc. comment is also welcomed.

Note that I just got my supplies today and therefore have not used my P30i conversion yet.

Thanks

Sure thing. Hopefully the below makes sense. So far the N30i/P30i has been my most comfortable mask, I have the F20 and the F30 but use them very little to not at all.

90% of the time I use the N30i (alternating Medium & Small) pillows because I prefer as small of a surface area of a mask to be touching my nose. I find that with the N30i Small pillows I get a whistling sound on the left side that keeps me from falling back asleep if I wake up during the night. So I have to alternate between the Small & Medium pillows. 

After a while the inside of my nostrils get a bit sore (primarily with the Medium) and by switching to the P30i (Small) it allows the soreness to resolve. After about a week on the P30i I find that both my leak levels and annoyance levels (due to the extra surface area touching my nose) start to increase, so I switch back to the N30i. 

I have a P30i Medium pillow on order to see if it fits better than the small. 

Hope this helps.
Captain Steubing
My Personal Blog
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes captainsteubing, your comments make sense and were helpful, thanks. I don't have whistling, but I can see where I'll probably switch between the N and P variants even after first use on the P type last night. Holden4th thanks for the comments, it's helpful as well. hamiltonrrwatch and multicast, your comments are also helpful, thanks to both.

I personally like new innovative designs as I perceived these recent masks from ResMed. I like the flexibility of just swapping cushions and voila a different mask interface.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-19-2019, 09:23 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Yes captainsteubing, your comments make sense and were helpful, thanks. I don't have whistling, but I can see where I'll probably switch between the N and P variants even after first use on the P type last night. Holden4th thanks for the comments, it's helpful as well. hamiltonrrwatch and multicast, your comments are also helpful, thanks to both.

I personally like new innovative designs as I perceived these recent masks from ResMed. I like the flexibility of just swapping cushions and voila a different mask interface.

Awesome, happy to offer my experiences. 

Indeed I'm really pleased with the way they allowed the ability to interchange the pillows. IMHO if they would update the N30i pillow with the innovations (quiet vent, silicone vs. hard plastic parts) it would be awesome.
Captain Steubing
My Personal Blog
Post Reply Post Reply
Coffee
Now if mask innovation makes them invisible, form fitting, as light as air, and wireless er hoseless, then we're talking!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamwear vs P30i Whacked 0 103 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Whacked
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 253 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 448 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 322 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Massive leakage with new P30i unlockingsleep 2 305 02-25-2024, 03:14 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 407 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 333 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.